Friday, January 24, 2014

Milani Gold Label Nail Polish Collection for Spring 2014 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Friday to you all!  I hope you all had a lovely week so far and are looking forward to the weekend!  Today, I have 12 gorgeous nail polishes from Milani that they sent me to review to show you!


This Spring Milani is releasing 6 vibrant creme polishes and 6 different glitter toppers!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


 Above:  2 coats Colorful Coral

Colorful Coral is a very orange leaning coral.  This polish is super bright but has just enough pink to it to not be a true orange.  The formula was very smooth, completely opaque in 2 coats.


Above:  1 coat of Sugar Cane over 2 coats of Colorful Coral

Sugar Cane consists of pink and purple metallic bar glitter and multiple sized white hexagonal matte glitters in a clear base.  I'm not a huge fan of bar glitter so this was probably my least favorite.  I can't even imagine how many coats you would need to make this opaque but the glitter did come out easily.

 Above:  2 coats of Popping Pink

Popping Pink is a slightly lighter bright pink creme nail polish.  There is a hit of blue base to this but not overpoweringly so.  The formula was good, very smooth and opaque in 2 coats.


 Above:  1 coat of Sugar Rim over 2 coats of Popping Pink

Sugar Rim was one of my favorites from this collection!  All matte glitters in black, red, light blue and yellow in slightly varying sizes, I can honestly say I don't own anything like this.  All of these glitters are suspended in a clear base and apply really easily to the nail.

 Above:  2 coats of Splendid Strawberry

Splendid Strawberry is a more medium, red based bright pink creme.  This is a classic pink for spring and I'm sure there are dupes out there for this.  The formula was great, very smooth and opaque in 2 coats.

Above:  1 coat of Sugar High over 2 coats of Splendid Strawberry

The first time I saw the name Sugar High, all I could think of was Empire Records and Renee Zellweger singing on top of a roof.  That being said, this is another super unique glitter topper!  This polish consists of peach, yellow, light blue, cobalt, red and gold small hexagonal glitters in a clear base.  I love how different this is!  It reminds me of Easter.  The application was very easy to get the glitters out.

 Above:  2 coats of Vivid Violet

I think Vivid Violet is my favorite of the cremes.  This is a medium blue based violet and it's stunning!  It's very vibrant without being neon.  The formula was great, opaque in 2 coats and very easy to apply.


Above: 1 coat of Sugar Coated over 2 coats of Vivid Violet

Sugar Coated is a glitter topper full of multiple sized and shaped lime green matte glitters and a tiny bit of holographic glitters sprinkled in.  Usually I hate bar glitter but it's sparse enough here that I kind of like it!  The formula was very easy to work with and get the glitter out.

 Above:  2 coats of Showy Sea-Green

Showy Sea-Green is a muted bright green polish.  I guess I would call this a grassy green?  It's actually a really pretty shade because it's not yellow leaning.  The formula was great, opaque in 2 coats and very smooth.
Above:  1 coat of Sugar Burst over 2 coats of Showy Sea-Green

Sugar Burst is the light pink version of Sugar Coated.  All matte light pink glitters and tiny holographic glitters in a clear base.  It's actually very pretty and dainty, not as stark as a white would be but looks really cool over bright colors!  The glitters came out really easily and smoothly.

 Above:  2 coats of Power Periwinkle

Power Periwinkle is, as you might guess, a really pretty periwinkle!  This shade is a bit violet leaning and just super gorgeous on the nails.  The formula was a bit streaky on this one but was mostly leveled out in 2 coats.

Above:  2 coats of Sugar Rush over 2 coats of Power Periwinkle

Sugar Rush is a glitter topper with light pink, light green, peach, white and silver hexagonal glitters.  This was the only glitter that gave me a problem.  I found I had to fish to get the glitters out and had to just put a glob of polish on the nail and manually spread it out to get any sort of glitter coverage.  I had to use two coats for the coverage you see above and it was rather thick.


All in all, I think Milani did a great job with these.  The cremes were virtually all 2 coaters, very smooth, very opaque and easy to work with.  The glitters were unique, fun, and different!  These polishes will be out in February wherever Milani is sold and retail for $4.69 each.



What did you think of these polishes? Must have? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

6 comments:

  1. Ugh, is it bad I love them all?? I seriously cannot pick a favorite but am really loving corals this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fab collection Dani! I agree, corals are gorgeous for Spring!

      Delete
  2. Aside from the bar glitter I absolutely love all of these polishes! Milani just keeps coming out with more and more great stuff. It is definitely my favorite drug store brand these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, not into the bar glitters but Milani is really putting out some amazing products in the last year!

      Delete
  3. Love these but I'm not keen on bar glitter at all. I'm kinda glad we don't get Milani in the UK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...