Monday, July 2, 2012

Essie Mirror Metallics Collection for Summer 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I was so excited about this post that just had to post twice today!  This afternoon, I have the new Essie Mirror Metallics Collection to show you:


This collection is comprised of 5 polishes all that have a chrome like finish to them.  I was honestly prepared to have these be a streaky, brush strokey disaster of a collection and boy, was I pleasantly surprised!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!!!




Above:  2 coats of Blue Rhapsody

First up is Blue Rhapsody which is a gorgeous cerulean (yes I looked up the Wikipedia to make sure that's the color name I wanted) blue chrome nail polish.  It amazes me how little you can see the brush strokes!  This is just two coats which perfectly covered and even one coat was pretty close to opaque!  It's just stunning!  I love how the light reflects off of it!




Above:  2 coats of Essie Good as Gold

Good as Gold is a yellow gold chrome that kind of makes you look like you dipped your fingernails in gold.  Yes, I love it!  Sometimes yellow golds make me look sickly but this one looks really nice!  I love how shiny this is and how smooth the finish is.  Two coats made it completely even and opaque.




Above:  2 coats of No Place Like Chrome

Since I got really into nail polish, I've been searching for a nail polish with a mirror like finish.  While No Place Like Chrome isn't quite there, I could absolutely see a fuzzy reflection while looking into my nails!  No Plasce Like Chrome is a very white based silver chrome.  It's insanely shiny and you can seriously see fuzzy reflections of things in it!  It looks like tin foil!  You can see a tiny bit of brush strokes on here but if you go slow enough, you can probably cut that out!




Above:  2 coats of Nothing Else Metals

Nothing Else Metals is a lavender chrome.  Honestly, I didn't think I would be that into this one because it looks kinda pinkish in the bottle but on the nail it's really pretty!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and no streaks!




Above:  2 coats of Penny Talk

Last but not least is Penny Talk which is described as being copper but to my eye it shows up more like a rose gold.  Either way, it's super pretty!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and very shiny.

All in all, I really liked this collection!  Every other "chrome" nail polish I own is very brush strokey and can be a streaky mess but these applied like a dream.  I love how reflective they are and how great they look!  I did try a top coat over them and it totally dulled the chrome effect so I'd recommend not using one.  Also, if you have really severe ridges, they will show with this polish as will any dent so be sure to use a ridge filling base coat!  I found these at a Walgreens and they are starting to pop up now wherever Essie is sold.

What do you think of this collection?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

38 comments:

  1. Ooh, these look great! Do you happen to know if they'll be available in drugstores?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She said she got them at Walgreens....

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Sorry, I didn't read very carefully!

      Delete
    3. Yep Walgreens! I've also seen them at Duane Reade in NYC!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow some of these are super tempting! I'm really shocked that my favorite in the lot is Nothing Else Metals <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. These remind me of the China Glaze Romantique collection from 2009. They look great and it looks like they would work well for stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I get my new stamper I'm going to try them for stamping!

      Delete
  4. Wow! I was expecting what you were! But the are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at these they look very simlar to the color quik chrome pens I have for stamping. Thanks for these pica! I no longer *NEED* these lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous! I want them all but I think Blue Rhapsody is my favourite!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. dangit carly now I must rush to walgreens and buy them all...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love these, I like Nothing Else Metals and the Penny one the most, I'm gonna have to have those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are all so beautiful! I especially like the gold one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE these and I want all,of then! Great swatches, thanks for doing them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Emma Thea! Happy to help fellow lacquer lovers!

      Delete
  12. I have to go to Walgreens 60 miles from home tomorrow - my ins. insists that I use it for pharmacy - hate the drive there and back! I remember seeing that this was a collection coming up and hoped it would be an amazing metallic one that was on par with what China Glaze did in 2000 with the most metal looking polish I ever saw in my life. Like you, I find most metallics are brush-strokey and often frost filled. These look like they have frost mixed into them as they have a cloudy look vs. a pure shinny metallic. I will see what they look like in person against my skin tone. Right now not thinking my collection that is wayyyyy too big now for anyone needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are definitely a cloudy metallic and not a shiny but the lack of brush stroke is amazing! Much better than the China Glaze chrome type finishes that I have! I was amazed how they all looked nice with my skin tone since usually I have issues with anything gold! Let me know what you get!

      Delete
  13. Where are the pics of Penny Talk? I'm not a metallic kinda girl, but I've heard good things about that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures of Penny Talk are the last three on this post

      Delete
  14. I want Penny Talk...but I know it's gonna be a PITA to find!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ESSIE???? Is doing a metallic/chrome finish??!?!?! Color me impressed! I can't wait to pick some up, Im so excited that they are not brushstrokey!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my oh my oh my I'm not usually a buyer of Essie but I loooove these, especially Nothing Else Metals. I'm not sure I can resist a lavender chrome - especially when it isn't brushstrokey!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am dying to get my hands on these, but I live in Europe and I haven't seen them anywhere yet :/ I can't find American sites that ship internationally either - #FirstWorldProblem!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...