Tuesday, July 3, 2012

China Glaze On Safari Collection for Fall 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I'm super excited to show you this afternoon's post!  Today, I have China Glaze's Fall 2012 Collection to show you.  Yes, I know, it's only July and you just want glitter and neons and fun stuff like that but I LOVE Fall Collections!  The dark colors, the muted finishes, it's just my favorite!  Plus, I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek at two of these colors back in February at NYFW so I've been really excited to see the rest of this collection!


Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  2 coats of Adventure Red-Y

Adventure Red-y is a gorgeous classic bright red creme.  This red is definitely a bit more cool toned but the opacity was great and in two coats it was very pigmented!  My pictures are showing it more pink toned but it's definitely a true red!



Above:  2 coats of Call of the Wild

You've seen this on my blog before because I got a bottle of it at the Parker Grey show during NYFW but I still love it!  Call of the Wild is a gorgeous brown/burgundy creme polish.  It looks mostly brown but you can see hint of reds around the edges!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats.



Above:  2 coats of Desert Sun

I'm going to call this color butterscotch.  Desert Sun is a creamy orangey/caramel shade that just does not play well with my skin tone.  The formula was nice, opaque in two coats and very pigmented.



Above:  2 coats of Elephant Walk

I love Elephant Walk!  Elephant Walk is a beautiful darker grey that has blue and green undertones to it that gives it a really unique look.  There is also a subtle shimmer to it that really gives it depth and dimension!  Two coats made this perfectly opaque and really beautiful.



Above:  2 coats of Exotic Encounters

Exotic Encounters is a very green leaning teal creme.  I love this color!  I absolutely adore teals and most of the ones I have are more blue leaning so it's great to add a green leaning one!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and this polish has a great dusty quality to it, perfect for Fall!




Above:  2 coats of I Herd That

I Herd That is a glitter fairly similar to Electrify from the Hunger Games Collection but with way less red.  This polish is full of microglitter in gold, copper, a bit of red and a bit of holographic.  It's very sparkly and fun!  The finish is super grainy so the pictures above have one coat of top coat.  I was impressed that this was opaque in two coats but also would be pretty layered over a color like Desert Sun.



Above:  2 coats of I'm Not Lion

I'm Not Lion is the same type of glitter as I Herd That but with gold, silver and holographic glitter.  To my eye it's definitely more gold leaning and the scattered holographic glitter gives it a nice sparkle.



Above:  2 coats of Jungle Queen

Jungle Queen is a pretty close dupe to Chanel Paradoxal.  Jungle Queen is a very grey based purple that's very dusty and has pink and purple shimmer to it!  I couldn't get the shimmer to show up (sometimes I swear I forget my camera has a flash) but this is a true beauty of this collection!  Great formula, opaque in two coats and has a great dusty finish.



Above:  2 coats of Kalahari Kiss

I'm not sure how to describe Kalahari Kiss.  A dusty light yellow perhaps?  It's an odd color and I can't quite tell if I like it or not but the formula was great for a lighter color, opaque in two coats and very smooth.



Above:  2 coats of Man Hunt

I can never get enough of royal blue cremes and Man Hunt is a great one!  I love how vibrant it is and even though it's an opaque creme, there is something almost squishy and jelly like to it.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and very pigmented!



Above:  2 coats of Prey Tell

So if Call of the Wild is a brown with a bit of red to it, Prey Tell is its fraternal twin that is red with a bit of brown.  I love deep, vampy reds like this for fall!  The formula was a tad bit thin on this one, it was opaque in two coats but not fully pigmented and a third coat would really make this pop!



Above:  2 coats of Purr-Fect Plum

Purr-Fect Plum is, surprise, a plum!  It's a dusty dark berry shade that's very pretty and pigmented if you're a person who likes their purples with a bit of pink to them!  Formula was good, opaque in two coats and a lot of pigment.

All in all, I liked this collection!  Not all the colors are super unique but then again, there are only so many colors in the world when you are doing a collection that doesn't have something like a duochrome or holo.  This is definitely a solid fall collection  with everything from glitter to cremes to shimmers to a couple of weird shades that I couldn't even pick a color for!  The formulas were good, a bit thick as China Glazes tend to be but even in two coats and pretty.  This collection was slated to release in July so you should start seeing it pop up wherever China Glaze is sold!


What do you think of this collection? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information

11 comments:

  1. Im craving for the glitter ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I love Desert sun....and I do think it looks pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love I'm not lion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Desert Sun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want desert sun soooooo bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this gets me excited for fall! the colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great collection! Awesome swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want the teal and I'm Not Lion. That yellow-ish one is so weird and dirty looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's the name of the yellow you're wearing?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...