Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My First Water Marble Using China Glaze Electropop!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I have something today that I'm super proud of!  I attempted to try a water marble for the first time a few days ago and it was a miserable fail.  I had no clue what I was doing.  After several youtube videos and online tutorials (and encouragement from the boyfriend because I was feeling quite defeated, thanks sweetie!), I decided to give it another try last night.  Boy am I glad that I did!  I've been staring at my nails non stop ever since! 

Above:  From Left To Right - Sweet Hook, Fuchsia Fanatic, Aquadelic and White Out

So after all the tutorials and questions, I decided to use my new Electropop polishes that I posted about yesterday.  I held my breath, gave it a shot, and now, without further ado, on to the polish!






Ok, now before anyone comments, I know that there is polish all over my fingers.  If you've never done this, it's extremely messy!  And yes, somehow bubbles got involved and there is the white "underwear" polish showing in some of the pictures.  And I should have taken pictures before I went to sleep because there is the tiniest hint of sleep marks on my fingers.  But, for a first (well second) try, I am really happy with them!  I used China Glaze White Out as my base color and then did the water marble with Fuchsia Fanatic, Aquadelic and Sweet Hook.  Now here are macro shots of each individual nail since they all look so different!





Above:  Left Hand






Above:  Right Hand


So there you have it!  My first attempt at a water marble!  It was actually super fun to do once I figured out how to do it.  Actually, it was worth doing it just to see the fascination from the boyfriend every time it worked!  The two of us were like little kids doing a science project and getting really excited by the results!  Thanks again for helping sweetie! 

What do you think of this water marble?  What color combinations would you like to see in the future?  Any tips or tricks?  Would you like to see me attempt to make a tutorial (beware, it's very messy and slightly hilarious!)

25 comments:

  1. Good job! This ALMOST makes me want to give marbling another shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so beautiful, the colors match so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! Water marbling is really challenging, but you get better with practice. I only did it twice because it's so time-consuming. Great combination of colors also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! Water Marbling can be frustrating but when it works it works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great for a first try! I can only hope my first try turns out as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I am so scared to water marble, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so cool!!!
    www.grace-and-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I'm still a bit intimidated about trying this but I love seeing the results of other people's water marbling. The colors look so good together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! The colours are perfect together, you really NAILED IT LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic job! It's always time consuming but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great color choices for water marbeling. I have yet to really master it. But as Freshie says - it's time consuming and nothing I can do sitting up on my bed watching TV where I typically do my nails 99% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very pretty, I really like the colors that you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic!!! I'm so proud of you for sticking with it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am soooooooo jealous!! This is super cute! I love all the colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These came out great! I love the colors you chose. I just ordered the electropop collection, I can't wait the get them after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super-duper pretty! Now I'm wishing I had included Fuchsia Fanatic with my China Glaze order today.. =P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great colors! Such a nice job! I need to try this sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. great for a first attempt! my first attempt was awful...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it looks great! The colors work great together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is honestly so adorable ! The colors are great !

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks wonderful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...