Thursday, February 23, 2012

Deborah Lippmann Steal My Kisses Magnetic Nail Lacquer Set Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I am super excited about today's post!  As many of you know, I love Deborah Lippmann nail polishes.  I just think they are fabulous!  So, when I found out that she released two sets of magnetic polishes, I knew I had to try them out to see how they matched up against the competition.  I did restrain myself to only one set, the Steal My Kisses duo, and I was NOT disappointed!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



 Above:  Berry Metal over Wet N Wild Black Creme with Flash

 Above:  Berry Metal over Wet N Wild Black Creme in artificial light
Above:  Berry Metal over Wet N Wild Black Creme Macro

The first magnetic in the duo is Berry Metal which HSN's website describes as an amethyst shimmer with a plum wave effect.  I'm going to say that it's a lighter purple that when the magnet is used makes darker purple wavy lines due to the wavy pattern in the magnet.  As you can see, I have a little mistake in the macro shot where the magnet was too close to the polish but it still looks amazing!  These polishes were extremely responsive to the magnet and actually held their magnetic pattern more sharply than most other magnetics I have seen!  I did a coat of black underneath because I wasn't sure how much the color would pull but you really don't even see it!



 Above:  Love is a Battlefield over Wet N Wild Black Creme with flash

 Above:  Love is a Battlefield over Wet N Wild Black Creme in artificial light
Above:  Love is a Battlefield over Wet N Wild Black Creme Macro

I really love this polish.  Love is a Battlefield is described as being a mulberry wave effect.  Now I've never seen a mulberry but this polish is definitely a raspberry shade!  Does anyone else think they should have switched the names of these polishes as a side note?  Anyway, Love is a Battlefield worked amazingly well with the magnet and the color is so vibrant and sharp!  I love it!

All in all, these polishes are great!  Now to convince myself I don't need to buy the other set!  I can't wait to try these out with my other magnets!  The Steal My Kisses Magnetic Nail Lacquer Set is available HERE for $29.00 USD.  If you don't own other magnetics, these are a great set to have!  I plan on swatching these against the other magnetics I have soon but I definitely do not own one the color of Love is a Battlefield.

What do you think of this duo?  Are you a fan of magnetic polishes?

20 comments:

  1. MUST.GET.THESE! i recently got m first lippmann... now i have 4, lol. I'm so addicted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand! I got my first ones a year and a half ago and have over FORTY now! Her polishes are just amazing!

      Delete
  2. Pretty, but... I feel like I already have these colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which brands makes magnetics in these colors? I've gone through my Nails Inc. Magnetics and LCN ones and don't have a match yet but I"d love to include a dupe if you know of one!

      Delete
  3. I feel out of it - had no idea that DL had released (or even plans to release) magnetic polish! Agree..the $30 price tag is HUGE - but nothing is on the cheap $ end when it comes to DL polish products. I have a big collection of DL from shades over the past 5 yrs. Her cream formula is so spot on - and sometimes when she does a frost (which normally I don't like), she can make something old new again and WORK! I just wish I had walk up and look access to her line someone where I lived - I always have to order on line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $30 for two Deborah Lippmanns is actually cheaper than her "normal" polish! I know what you mean though, her polishes are definitely on the pricier side however I'm willing to spend the money for quality. I'm lucky that most of her polishes I can find and see for myself in NYC although these were one of the HSN exclusives so they can only be bought online!

      Delete
  4. Love Is A Battlefield is really pretty! I don't have a magnetic polish that color yet and I would love to have one. I just can't justify the cost of DL polishes at this point. But I ever gave any extra money I really want to try them! Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I understand not wanting to spend the money and luckily there are some cheaper alternatives! I've heard some magnetics are starting to show up in some drug stores and Color Club and China Glaze both recently released magnetic collections!

      Delete
  5. very cool that everyones jumping on the magnet band wagon! these are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh you and Amy both posted about magnetics today! I need some! Ahh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny! And yes, you do need some!!! Or invent your own! :)

      Delete
  7. Man I sure do love magnetic polishes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay me too! I'm going to go check out your post on them in a minute!

      Delete
  8. I found a new love: magnetic nail polishes, and this one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep $30 for two polishes is definitely pricey so I understand that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to see how these compare to the magnetic polishes made by Finger Paints. I wonder if the magnet is better or whether the price is simply for the name brand. Anyways I tried and reviewed Finger Paints electro-midnight and found that it worked well, have you tried any of them?

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good book is Runescape Money often the best urn of a life Runescape2 Money enshrining the best that life could think out; for the world of a man's life is, for the most part, but the world of his thoughts. Thus the best books are treasuries of good words, the golden thoughts, which RS Gold, remembered and cherished, become our constant companions and comforters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...