Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Zoya Peter Som NYFW Fall 2012 Custom Color Box Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Today I have something pretty neat to show you!  For NYFW this year, Zoya created two custom collections that they then had a limited release of, so clearly, I got them both!  Right now I have the collection that they created for the Peter Som Fall Fashion Show!  These polishes are pretty unique, in fact, I can say with certainty that I don't have any dupes!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



 Above:  2 coats of Zoya Katharine in artificial light
Above:  2 coats of Zoya Katharine with flash

Zoya Katharine (which for some reason is spelled "Katherine" on their site) is a deep, almost eggplant purple jelly polish.  Except that it's not a jelly.  The consistency is slightly different and when dry, it doesn't have that squishy jelly look but more like a colored gel.  Yes, I realize how bizarre that sounds but just look at it!  There is no other way to describe it!  I was actually prepared to hate this since I hate seeing the visible nail line, but I find that I'm intrigued!  I want to layer this over a nude and see how much it retains that gel like quality.  I was actually surprised at how opaque this sheer polish was, and how much it applied like normal polish and wasn't thin like a typical sheer polish.  I'm going to try some layering experiments this weekend and get back to you!



 Above:  2 coats of Zoya Audrey in artificial light
Above:  2 coats of Zoya Audrey with flash

Audrey is supposed to be the nude sister to Katharine but it didn't have the same wow factor for me.  I can sort of see the same gel like quality, but the visible nail line was far more apparent on this one.  It just looks kind of milky and a bit odd to me, but for those of you who love nudes this would be great!  Again, I'm going to try to layer it over other colors because I think it might have a cool effect of making a color look more milky and gel like rather than regular polish!



 Above:  2 coats of Zoya Evvie with artificial light
Above:  2 coats of Zoya Evvie with Flash

Zoya describes Evvie as "A rich, decadent, smoky, eucalyptus cream.  Powerful, elegant and simply delicious."  Now I will be honest, I've never seen a eucalyptus in person so I have no idea what color it is, but I like the description so let's stick with it.  I love how dusty and pigmented Evvie is!  This is such a fantastic color!  It's completely opaque in 2 coats, the formula is great, and this is by far my favorite of this collection!  I can't wait to wear it as a full manicure!

All in all, I found this collection super interesting.  I'm really excited to play around with Katharine and Audrey more and see how the gel like quality affects different polishes!  And Evvie is just gorgeous, I hope we see more shades like that in the fall!  Unfortunately this set has already sold out but perhaps Zoya will sell them again come Fall!

What did you think of this collection?  Any layering combinations you'd like to see?

8 comments:

  1. i love jellies! and love Katharine! i was tempted to buy the box but the descriptions weren't enough info for me and i didn't think i'd like the other 2, which i don't. so i guess i'll keep my eyes peeled for a blog sale. thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hopefully you can find a bottle of Katharine or they will re-release it this fall!

      Delete
  2. I feel like Evvie look exactly like Power Clutch by Essie. I am a mother of a to year old so I didn't do a swatch comparison but the bottle comparison looks dupe-ish. Evvie may be ever so slightly more green. I bought it off eBay but it isn't as Eucalyptus as I hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like Evvie look exactly like Power Clutch by Essie. I am a mother of a to year old so I didn't do a swatch comparison but the bottle comparison looks dupe-ish. Evvie may be ever so slightly more green. I bought it off eBay but it isn't as Eucalyptus as I hoped.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...