Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Zoya Bibhu Mohapatra NYFW Fall 2012 Custom Color Box Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Today I have the second custom color box that Zoya created for a designer at NYFW.  This one was for the Bibhu Mohapatra show!  I think the story behind how they did the nails was really cool, so straight from Zoya's website, here is the description:



"The models all wore Rekha (the red) on their left hands and either Parveen (the nude) or Zeenat (the pewter) on their right hands.

We wanted to know why Bibhu wanted the models to wear different colors on each hand, so he told us the story for this assortments inspiration.  He told us that the red was an homage to his mother. When Bibhu was growing up, he remembered his late mother always wearing the most beautiful color of red nail polish on her nails. Because it was customary to eat with your right hand in India, she only wore the red on her left hand. So he always remembered her left had being painted  That was the look that Bibhu was trying to recreate as the models were coming down the runway. All the models wore Rekha on their toes."


I just love the story behind this!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



 Above:  2 coats of Parveen in artificial light
Above:  2 coats of Parveen with flash

First up is Parveen, a golden nude that's packed with shimmer that almost gives a glass fleck finish.  Now as many of you know, nudes are not really my thing, but this is a nude I can get behind!  I like that it's a bit golden so it doesn't give the mannequin hands look and the shimmer is just amazing!  The warm tones also keep from giving my hand a yellow look.  I really like all the twists on the old fashioned nude that Zoya has been doing lately!  The formula was great, fully opaque in two coats and very easy to work with.



 Above:  2 coats of Zeenat in artificial light
Above:  2 coats of Zeenat with flash

I'm pretty sure that Zeenat is my favorite of this collection!  It's a pale dove grey (or pewter as Zoya says on their site) with the same glass fleck/shimmer finish as Parveen.  I adore greys so this is the perfect color for me!  Shimmer and grey, that's my go to when I need a break from all the crazy colors I usually wear!  The pigmentation was great, it was fully opaque in 2 coats, and the formula was great to work with! 



 Above:  2 coats of Rekha in artificial light
Above:  2 coats of Rekha with flash

I think I found a new favorite red creme.  I never thought I'd say that after finding my beloved Essie First Dance, but Rekha is simply stunning.  Rekha is a true red creme, the perfect balance of warm and cool.  It's like a pin up cherry red.  Can you tell that I love this color?  Again the formula was great, fully opaque in 2 coats, tons of pigmentation and easy to use.

All in all, I really liked these!  Glass flecks and perfect red cremes, what more could a girl want?  Unfortunately, this set sold out as well as the Peter Som set I showed you yesterday, but hopefully Zoya will bring back some of the colors for Fall!

What do you think of this collection?  Did you get either of the custom color boxes? 

10 comments:

  1. oh my! I pray that Rekha will return! that is a stunning red crème and I need it!

    did you get the rowley box too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous?

      I didn't get the Cynthia Rowley box since the colors are not Limited Edition but I'm sure I'll pick them up soon!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I really love the red, it's just the perfect shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rehka is gorgeous! I passed cause I wasn't sure about it, but now I wish I had picked it up.


    http://paintontheglitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE Zeenat, it is so gorgeous. I put some multi sized glitter on the tips and I think that it looks like an evening gown for my nails. I haven't tried the other two yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pewter is AMAZING. Now I'm depressed that I missed it, because greys are my favorite and I have no shimmery ones. :( Any chance you bought a second one?! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...