Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Blogger Night Out and Porter Grey at NYFW!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I apologize for the lack of a post yesterday, however I spent the day at the Westminster Dog Show with my mom and a few of her friends (it's their tradition to go every year so I tagged along!)  It was a ton of fun but it meant I didn't have time to write a blog post!  So, to make up for it, I'm hoping to get a few up this afternoon!  This particular post is two fold, both about NYFW events I had last week!  Now, without further ado, on to the post!


So last Friday night was Blogger Night Out in NYC!  What a great event!  As you can see above, I got to meet a few of my favorite blogging ladies, Amy from Gotham Polish and Maria, the creator of Cult Nails!  What a treat!  I had such a blast getting to meet them and other fashion/beauty bloggers in NYC!  Plus the gift bag was amazing!  A Birchbox, gift card to TJ Maxx/Marshalls, gift card to Shopbop.com (which made me laugh because when I was in college in Madison, Wisconsin, the actual store Shop Bop was a few blocks from my apartment!) and a whole bunch of other fun stuff!  It was such a great night and event and I look forward to the next one!  Unfortunately I had to leave early due to an early morning for Fashion Week the next day!

 Above:  My backstage pass to Porter Grey
Above:  One of the lovely ladies from Porter Grey getting a manicure!

At 8 AM on Saturday morning (in the snow!) I went backstage at the Porter Grey Presentation to check out the manicures that China Glaze were doing for the models!  This time they were using another new color from the Safari Collection (which should be out this fall) which was a dark reddish brown creme called Call of the Wild.


Above:  Call of the Wild


Above:  Models getting manicured by Joy - the manicurist from China Glaze

The lovely Joy was doing the manicures on the models and I was swooning over the gorgeous new color!  It looked amazing!  And it matched perfectly with all the leather and neutral colored pieces from Porter Grey.  It was such a great experience and I got to meet so many amazing people through this!  A big thanks again to China Glaze for inviting me to the show!  And, the best part, the lovely Joy let me keep a bottle of Call of the Wild!  Stay tuned for a blog about it soon!

Above:  My very own bottle of Call of Wild!

A HUGE thank you to Irene at China Glaze for all her help!

Did anyone else attend Bloggers Night Out?  What did you think of the Porter Grey polish?

11 comments:

  1. Omg!! I'm so jealous! So sorry I missed out on this event. Hopefully next time I'll be there. Glad you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes let me know if you go to the next one! It should be for Fall Fashion Week in September!

      Delete
    2. You can already count me in! I'll be on the lookout for the info.

      Delete
  2. Great post! Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're famous!! China glaze just posted this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely are famous....way to gooo:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so cute! Can't wait to see your review of "Call of the Wild". Next time you must drag me away from work lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Major exciting fun! Love NYC. But to have a pass backstage - wow!And to have an advance this far ahead of CG for fall 2012! Wow..most companies make designers pick colors from existing collections. This one does not look like much in the bottle - but the distance shots look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture of you three lovely ladies. Some of my very favorite bloggers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...