Monday, February 20, 2012

Mattese Elite Me Amour Collection Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!  I spent a large portion of my weekend swatching and photographing a ton of new goodies for you so get excited for this week!  Today, I have the newest collection from Mattese Elite which is sold exclusively at Ricky's.

Above:  Photo Courtesy of Ricky's

Ok well I don't have the whole collection, but I do have 5 out of 6!  I just couldn't bring myself to buy yet another nude when I so rarely wear them!  The Me Amour Collection was released last week, just in time for Valentine's Day!  There is lots of glittery goodness (and lots of pictures) coming up so get prepared!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




 Above:  2 coats of Amour De Ma Vie with Artificial Light
 Above:  2 coats of Amour De Ma Vie with Flash
Above:  2 coats of Amour De Ma Vie Macro Shot

Amour De Ma Vie is a gorgeous black jelly like base that's packed with small hexagaonal glitter in turquoise, silver, red, pink, gold, and maybe even a few other colors!  It's so fun!  I love that it's opaque in two coats but that the jelly quality of the base still comes through!  I also really like that while there is a lot of glitter in each coat, it's sparse enough that you can see the base.  This is definitely one of my favorites from this collection!



 Above:  Baise Moi - 2 coats on pointer and middle finger, 1 coat on ring and pinkie finger
 Above:  Baise Moi With Flash
Above:  Baise Moi Macro Shot (1 coat)

Ok while it's not entirely unique, I still love Baise Moi!  It's like I have some unknown urge to buy ever multi color and multi sized glitter that exists (I'm looking at you Milani Gems, OPI Rainbow Connection, Sephora by OPI Sparktacular, Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday.)  In fact, I have so many, I'm going to do a comparison soon!  Baise Moi is a rainbow of glitter in a variety of sizes.  I tried to show the difference between one and two coats above, but this is definitely a polish that's best for layering.  Want to add some bling to a current manicure?  This will match everything!  And the base isn't overly thick so it makes moving the glitter around much easier than with some other brands!



 Above:  2 coats of Embrasse Moi with Artificial Light
 Above:  2 coats of Embrasse Moi with Flash
Above:  2 coats of Embrasse Moi Macro Shot

Embrasse Moi is a gorgeous fuchsia microglitter!  And it's opaque in two coats!  I love how glittery and sparkly this looks when on!  This is definitely a glitter to be worn on its own so it can sparkle in all it's fuchsia glory!  I actually can't think of a dupe off hand although I'm sure there are other glitters out there, but if you don't have a fuchsia glitter yet, I highly recommend Embrasse Moi!



 Above:  2 coats of Je Taime
Above:  Macro shot of Je Taime

Another unique polish to my collection!  I own a lot of gold glitters, but not like Je Taime!  Je Taime is a light gold and iridescent combination in a clear base!  I love how the iridescent pieces of glitter just shine and give the whole polish an ethereal look.  Je Taime is definitely the most thick polish in the collection and would look best layered.  I'm excited to try different combinations!  I love that there are two different sizes of small glitter and even though it was thick, I didn't have too much trouble controlling the glitter.



 Above:  2 coats of Mon Amour with Artificial Light
  Above:  2 coats of Mon Amour with Flash
 Above:  2 coats of Mon Amour Macro Shot

Last but not least is Mon Amour, a gorgeous salmon colored micro glitter that reaches full opacity in two coats!  Mon Amour is the slightly more tame and feminine sister to Embrasse Moi with the same formulation, just a lighter shade.  I was prepared to not like this one since this isn't a shade I wear too often, but I surprisingly loved it!  I guess you can make anything into a glitter and I will wear it!


All in all, I think this was another really strong showing by Mattese Elite.  The Me Amour Collection is available in Ricky's Stores and on their website for $5.99 per bottle.  I was really impressed with their glitters and can't wait to try some layering options coming up!

What do you think of this collection?  Any dupes?  Any layering combinations you'd like to see?

10 comments:

  1. Really diggin' Je Taime and Mon Amour. Cool collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love the glitters! ME is really stepping up their game!

      Delete
  2. I'm loving all of them! So sparkly.

    www.grace-and-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really loving Amour De Ma Vie; I really like black jelly bases where the glitter actually shines through. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Black with glitter that actually shows is amazing!

      Delete
  4. All of these polishes are very pretty!!!! great swatches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been buying ME for years, absolutely love their pigments. I think what I really like about this collection is how it isn't duping other brands.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...