Friday, February 17, 2012

Fun Friday Featuring a Post by the Boyfriend All About Water Marbles!

Good afternoon my fellow lacuqered lovers!  I have a treat for you today!  As some of you who read this blog regularly may know, I have an awesome boyfriend who I live with that is super supportive of my nail polish habits!  So supportive in fact, that sometimes, his nails have a bit of color on them.  Together we joined in a Valentine's Day contest to have both partners nails painted, and while we didn't win, the result is still pretty awesome!  I asked AJ to write the post all about it and I'm excited to show it to you!  Now, without further ado, I give you AJ's post!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good afternoon, Lacquerites!

I was honored when Carly asked me to write a quick something for you all to commemorate my first water marbling experience!  Oh, boy.  You know, the way I look at it, I end up wearing nail polish -- often.  Not out into the world (often), but in the apartment and at cosmetics stores, you know.  I wear polish more often than you might expect!  HOWEVER -- I do not wear nail polish nearly as often as you would expect, given how much nail polish there is in the Lacquered Lover Lacquer Library!

Carly mentioned there was a gentleman nail polish blogger holding a Valentine's Day themed contest where couples submit pictures of themselves in complementary manicures.  She had just finished explaining the premise of the contest when I asked her, "so, we're definitely going to enter, right?"  It didn't take much convincing for her (or me) to decide that the only way to make a dent in the competition was to water-marble it up.  I had seen her experimenting with various combinations of polish in a few other marbles which I'm sure you've drooled over in her posts here and I was very eager to see it on my own claws.
Let's take a look at the results!





Above:  Water Marbles using China Glaze Fuchsia Fanatic, Sweet Hook, Dance Baby and Essie Play Date


Gorgeous, isn't it?  I mean, it's messy, don't get me wrong.  I ended up sticking my finger into the cup up to the knuckle and I had to give myself a bath in some acetone polish remover, but totally worth it.  We went with Valentine's Day themed colors -- purples and pinks and such.  Carly will have to tell you all the names of the polishes used in this masterpiece, but they come together quite well!  Water marbling, I've decided, is an art.  I certainly couldn't do it on my own!  A new-found appreciation for nail polish, even though I'd thought I'd seen it all!







Above:  AJ's hand water marbled and macro shots of each nail





Above:  Carly's hand and a few macro shots

Also, I must say, if you're just joining up with Lacquered Lover, please be sure to read through the previous posts and see what a magnificent resource we have in Carly's work!  Invite your friends to follow and join the party on Facebook and Twitter!  I'm proud of you, sweetie!  ;-*

What nail polish did you make your significant other wear on Valentine's Day this year?  Have you convinced your partner to try a water marble with you yet?  Aren't you thankful we have this wonderful website, Lacquered Lover, to discuss all of the hot topics in the world of manis and pedis?  Be heard in the comments below!

9 comments:

  1. awww, you two are such an awesome couple! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ - you guys rock!! Also - THE CONTEST ISN'T OVER YET!! Entries are closed, but voting continues until tomorrow (2/18) at 10PM EST... Anyone can vote for your entry here: http://bit.ly/xHuKb8

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are too cute. I love this idea and props to AJ for rocking out a sick watermarble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! My boyfriend has definitely walked around with polish on his nails, I find it so cute :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that's super awesome. You've sure got yourself a great guy! My fiance occasionally lets me paint his nails when it's a cool design. I painted a minion from Despicable Me and he even wore it for a couple days. He worked at a middle school and some of his students commented on it. "Wow, that's so cool. But that's pretty mahu!" (in pidgin, mahu connotes gay or cross-dressing)

    i voted for you guys. good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pics of your hands together. It is so adorable. And great job with your water marbling. It is really hard, which is why I rarely have the patience for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, great color combination. I love me a good water marble. I definitely think there should be a support group for partners of polish lovers (addicts). Nothing like a supportive man to make polish even more fun!

    New follower, look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...