Friday, February 3, 2012

Deborah Lippmann Single Ladies and Bitches Brew Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you are all having a nice week and that those of you who like football are excited for this weekend!  I have something fun planned this weekend for a Super Bowl manicure so be sure to check back on Sunday!  However for today, I have 3 separate posts for you.  Since today is National Wear Red Day for awareness for Heart Disease for women, all posts today will be about reds.  Since you all know my love of Deborah Lippmann polishes, I figured I'd give you a few swatches of some of her best reds.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  2 coats of Single Ladies

First up is Single Ladies, a gorgeous deep red.  I love deep reds!  I'm pretty sure this is the first Deborah Lippmann creme nail polish that I bought.  What's cool about Single Ladies is that it's almost a jelly polish, but it becomes completely opaque in two coats!  It still retains that squishy quality that jellies have, and it dries super shiny (the picture above has no top coat.)  This is just a beautiful red and the formula is fantastic!  I love that this color is halfway between bright and dark!  It's not blackened or even vampy, it's just beautiful!



Above:  2 coats of Bitches Brew

Bitches Brew is another vampy red from Deborah Lippmann, except this one is much more Burgundy colored and is a shimmer!  The formula was fantastic, it was almost opaque after one coat and the second coat just really gave it a lot of color and pigment.  It's just such a perfect fall and winter red!  I love that it's not so vampy that it's blackened and you can only see the color in the light, Bitches Brew looks like a deep red no matter the lighting.

So there you have it, two gorgeous dark reds with different finishes from Deborah Lippmann.  Both of these polishes retail for about $16 and are part of the core collection so you can find them wherever you buy Deborah Lippmann.  I'm sure there are dupes out there, but I love her formula (and those bottles are just gorgeous) so I'll stick with them!  Make sure you check back later for more red manicures!

What do you think of these colors?  Any must haves?  What are your favorite vampy reds?

3 comments:

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...