Monday, April 16, 2012

OPI Vintage Minnie Mouse Collection Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you are all having a lovely Monday so far today!  To put a little smile on your face, I have a really cute and fun new collection to show you today!


This summer, OPI is releasing a collection based off of Minnie Mouse!  So cute!  I love all these little mini collections by OPI every year and this one is just about as girlie as they come!  So now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  2 coats of If You Moust You Moust

First up is If You Moust You Moust.  Little bit of a mouthful to say and honestly, not my favorite OPI polish name.  However the polish itself was much better!  If You Moust You Moust is a true pepto bismal pink.  This pink has the right combination of bright and light so it's feminine and girly but still packs a punch of pink!  The formula was good, opaque in two coat, lots of pigment.  I had to be a bit careful on the second coat because it looked like it might get streaky if you don't let the coats dry for a minute or two but I didn't have any issues!



Above:  3 coats of I'm All Ears

Hands down, this is my favorite polish in this collection!  A squishy bright pink jelly full of shimmer!  I did three coats on this one and you can see the tiniest hint of visible nail line but that happens with jellies.  I think that I'm All Ears is super fun!  It's bright, it's squishy, it's shimmery, this will definitely be a great pedicure color this summer!



Above:  2 coats of The Color of Minnie

The Color to Minnie is the closest to Red that this collection gets which surprised me considering Minnie's outfit is red!  The Color to Minnie is a pink leaning cherry red shimmer.  This polish had a LOT of pigment to it which made it super opaque in only one coat!  I added a second coat just to even it out but this polish packs a punch!  The formula was really easy to apply and work with!



Above:  1 coat of Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It over 2 coats of The Color of Minnie

Last but not least is Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It.  I didn't swatch this one on its own because it's clearly meant to be a layering polish!  Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It is a sheer shimmery pink that has light pink heart glitter in it.  The formula on this one was a pain in the ass.  The polish itself was really thick and hard to work with and you have to dig the hearts out of the bottom and then dab them onto the nails to get them positioned correctly.  Honestly, heart glitter isn't really my thing and having this polish so hard to work with was definitely disappointing.  I appreciate what they were trying to do but this one did not work out.  If you're willing to put in the time and effort it can have a cute look, but this is not a polish to use for a fast manicure!

All in all, I love the idea of this collection and I think it will be a big hit!  If you are a pink girl, you'll love all of these.  If you're a Disney lover like me, you'll want them for the sentimental value!  I think that I'm All Ears was a standout of this collection and it a really great polish!  If you're willing to put in the effort, Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It can have a cute look but be prepared to wrestle with the polish a bit!  The Vintage Minnie Mouse Collection will be available in June and retails for $8.50 per bottle.

What did you think of these polishes? Any must haves? Any dupes? 

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy above for additional information.

42 comments:

  1. These swatches are great! I only want I'm All Ears, it's so pretty! And I love me some jellies! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love them all - must get the set with the adorable minnie packaging too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like and dis-like the same ones, LOL, Hilarious! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I am slightly disappointed.. but I still will get them all as I am a sucker for all things disney! Im All Ears really reminds my of Let Me Entertain You - but that was a shimmer and this ones a jelly so I guess not.. I love the colours I would have liked a red glitter and or the Colour of Minnie to be red.. but I guess I will be satisfied with a red leaning pink one coater - I tend to love a one coat pink or red - a great quick and easy manicure so I guess that may just become one of my many OPI lifesaver pinks.. I love the swatches and I cannot wait to get my hands on these and the cute packaging!! I can see myself getting backups of Nothing Mousie bout it too, damn the cuteness! Its too adorable to resist..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all ears looks like almost the same as disco biscuit from butter London?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Disco Biscuit is more sheer and has blue shimmer to it whereas this is lighter pink shimmer! I will swatch them next to each other on a wheel and put them on my Facebook page tonight!

      Delete
  6. I like I'm All Ears. The rest not so much. Great swatches though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally want I'm all ears! The rest I'm a little meh about.. It would have been cute to put actual Mickey Mouse ear glitter.. or something like that..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been a great idea, making the line a little more signature Minnie. This could more easily pass as a Valentine's collection.

      Delete
    2. Agreed! That would have been super cute!

      Delete
  8. So cute! I definitely want Nothin Mousie About it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really cute just be prepared to fight with the hearts a bit!

      Delete
  9. I don't know how I feel about this yet. lol But your swatches are great as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I tried them and still are not sure how I feel about it! haha

      Delete
  10. OK I thought I wouldn't be getting all of these cause I thought the colors were more red than pink (pinky reds look trash on me) but now seeing your swatches I'm pretty sure I MUST HAVE IT ALL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help! They are definitely all pink leaning, no true reds here!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for the great swatches. I hate to be negative nancy, but I still don't see the point in these polishes. The prettiest one is the shimmer, but really these are quite boring and for the price I could stick with what I already have or find a cheaper alternative. I feel like a lot of the collections/lines appeal more to the polish hoarder/collector. People want them, just to have the latest collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! None of these feel that new to me except for Nothin Mousie Bout It, and the hearts just don't appeal to me. The nail polish world would certainly be broing if we all liked the same things though, right? :)

      Delete
    2. I totally understand what you guys mean. For me, I know a cheaper alternative isn't always better becaue I do prefer the quality of certain brands over others but for those who would rather, there is a cheaper alternative to most polishes released these days! I think it's hard for companies to constantly be creative, hence doing things like a Minnie Mouse Collection, because they know people will buy it for the connection and not necessarily the colors. But Pam is right, different taste is what makes the world go round! Not every collection and polish can be unique and different but there is certainly something for everyone out there!

      Delete
  12. I wonder how Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It will look over black or dark colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I was so frustrated with it that I couldn't bear the thought of trying it over other colors but I did see a swatch of it over black and it's super pretty!

      Delete
  13. I <3 Minnie Mouse :) I'm really liking pinky reds right now, too, and my favorite of this collection is The Color of Minnie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're pretty but really most people with a reasonable base collection will have something approximating these colours. I agree with others' comments about these not having a new feel about them. So I probably won't be picking any of these up. Still so many polishes that I'd choose first. But thanks for swatching them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! There are so many polishes out there these days that there is something for everyone!

      Delete
  15. I hate having to dig for polish glitters :-( I love this collection and as soon as I saw they were coming out with this I knew I had to have it when it comes out! So jealous you're able to get your hands on it already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less than 2 months until they are released! They are super cute, especially for pink lovers and disney lovers!

      Delete
  16. I just see the same problems I've always had with OPI polishes, specifically that they're not particularly unique (except the hearts, but that's easier done with loose sequins and any sheer polish you like, in my book), and I wouldn't expect them to last more than a day. OPI to me is overpriced, I like my polish with a little bit of durability. :/

    All Ears is definitely the standout here, but... I'm pretty sure Sinful Colors has at least a close dupe for that (Forget Now I think is the name) for $2.

    tl;dr Cute, but I'm not particularly excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different polishes work differently depending on your body chemistry! I have quite a few brands I can't wear because they chip super fast on me but OPI isn't one. For example, I can't wear Sinful Colors because it refuses to dry on me! But it's great to know there is a dupe, I'll have to look for it the next time I'm at Rite Aid!

      Delete
    2. LA Girl has a similar polish too, Sparkling Fuchsia. (I can't ever spell that, it always looks wrong!)

      Yeah, I know a lot of people really like OPI, so I figured it might be something like that. Good to have confirmation. :) Sinful Colors takes longer to dry on me as well, but it lasts so incredibly well and the colors are fantastic. I wore one SC mani for four days, two of which I worked (I'm a bartender which can be really hard on manis) and by the end of the fourth day it still only had one tiny chip on my right pointer finger.

      Weirdly enough I don't have the same chipping problem with Nicole by OPI. It's still not super super long lasting but two or three days is pretty typical for me and I'm usually tired of looking at the same nails by day 4. And I like their colors more, so... guess what I have more of in my collection!

      Delete
  17. I'm so happy that you swatched this polishes!! :)
    I really wanted to see them, coats of I'm All Ears is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome swatches, love them! Do you think that I'm all Ears is in the same color family as Dim Sum Plum? I do plan to get it but if they color is similar to DSP (which looked awesome on swatches but awful for my skin tone), I may not get it after all :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I don't have that one so I can't compare for you! I"m sorry!

      Delete
  19. The heart glitter looks like a dupe of Nicole by OPI Love your life! i think the collection is very cute, but not very unique...
    Thanks for the great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I’m All Ears is a bold pink shimmer with a very saturated pink leaning red base and glass. minnie mouse invitations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...