Monday, April 2, 2012

Zoya Beach Collection Summer 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you all had a fabulous weekend for the end of March/ beginning of April!  I had a very busy weekend of swatching some very beautiful colors for you all!  As promised, today I will have the new Zoya collections for you!



First up is the Zoya Beach Collection for Summer 2012.  This half of their summer collection is 5 cremes and one slight shimmer.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above: 2 coats of Zoya Arizona

First up is Zoya Arizona, which is a light orange creme.  Now this is not a neon, it's not a pastel and it's not pumpkin colored.  It's just a light/bright orange that seems perfectly in place in the summertime.  The formula was excellent, opaque in two coats and lots of pigment without making the orange overpowering!



Above:  2 coats of Zoya Lara

Next up is Lara, a medium bright pink creme.  My camera is making it look slightly more barbie-esque than it is in real life, although it is pretty bright looking!  I think this would be a great pedicure color for Summer because it's bright without being overpowering.  Great formula, opaque in 2 coats and highly pigmented.



Above:  2 coats of Zoya Reagan

I apologize to you all.  No matter what I tried, I could NOT get Reagan to photograph properly.  If you look at the first picture above of all the shades on a nail wheel, the far left is what Reagan should look like on my nails, however my photography skills escaped me.  Reagan is a berry toned fuchsia creme that's much more purple looking in real life.  The formula was great and opaque in 2 coats!



Above:  2 coats of Zoya Shelby

Ah Shelby.  A quick little story.  One of my oldest friends (and former roommate) is named Shelby so we both found it hilariously funny when in the full summer collection, there is both a Shelby AND a Carly!  (Hi Shelby!)  Now that we have that out of the way, Shelby is a lighter cool toned pink that would look good on any skin tone.  It's slightly too bright to be called a pastel. It is however light enough to make even my hands look slightly tan!  The formula was good, opaque in two coats!


Above:  2 coats of Zoya Tracie

Does anyone else find it a bit strange that they had five cremes in this collection and one shimmer?  It seems slightly out of place!  Zoya Tracie is a light green shimmer, almost celery colored but a tad darker.  The shimmer doesn't really show up to much, it almost makes it look more pearly than shimmery.  Tracie is a bit too yellow toned to look good on my skin but the formula was nice, opaque in 2 coats and lots of pigment.



Above:  2 coats of Zoya Wednesday

Wednesday was clearly my favorite from this half of the collection!  I love turquoise!  Wednesday is a slightly faded turquoise (that's slightly more green than my camera will pick up although it's pretty close) and it's gorgeous!  Perfect for summer!  It's the color you wish the ocean was when you go on vacation.  The formula was fantastic, opaque in 2 coats and just stunning.

So there you have it, the Beach half of the Zoya Summer 2012 Collection.  Very pink heavy which surprised me but some real gems in here with Wednesday and Arizona.  And just WAIT until I show you the Surf collection later today!  Also check the top to make sure you enter my giveaway to win this collection!  The formula on all of these were great, opaque in 2 coats per usual.  The Beach collection is now on sale through Zoya's website for $8 a piece.

What did you think of this collection?  Any must haves?  Any dupes? 

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review.  Please see my disclosure policy above for additional information.

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful collection! Love the variety of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great swatches. They all look so gorgeous! I'm really tempted to buy them all off eBay !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. worth! Love all the pinks and the aqua!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how close Shelby is to Essie Forget Me Nots - one of my favourite polishes of all time that I can't find anywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...