Friday, April 20, 2012

Fun Friday featuring a Laser Tape Manicure with Layla Black Flash and ManGlaze Ilf!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Whew that was a long title!  As many of you saw yesterday, I just discovered the joys of striping tape for manicures!  So, I thought to myself "what would happen if I used a holographic polish as a base and covered it with a matte?"  Well, I tried it out and I LOVE it!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


 Above:  Right Hand
Above:  Left Hand

I started with two coats of Layla Flash Black.  I love this polish!  Black linear holographic?  It's amazing!  I will try to get full swatches of it this weekend because it's seriously my favorite holo now!  Then I used the striping tape and tried out different patterns on each finger!  Then just one coat of ManGlaze ILF on top to make the laser beams!  Here are some macro shots:




I really love how this came out!  Even indoors, you can see bits of the holo peeking through!  Now here are some pictures with flash to really see more of the rainbow holographic effect!




I'm seriously in love with this!  I can't wait to try out other combinations with the striping tape!  I love the juxtaposition between the matte blue and the shiny, holo grey!  This is definitely a FUN Friday manicure!

What do you think of this manicure?  Any combinations you'd like to see with striping tape?

34 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Wait until you see the one I did this week! :)

      Delete
  2. That's a good idea, and very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thats so pretty and your lines are super neat....very cool Carly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are only so straight thanks to striping tape!

      Delete
  4. Really cool! I like layla polishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I will have to try it with my new pink Layla holo and a red topcoat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to get some of that laser tape for manis! At first look, I thought you had a crackle polish going on here. Since I am so over those before they got started, I sort of turned my nose up until I strolled through your photos and looked closer, then my typical - go back and read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know how you feel about crackle but I love the striping tape because the lines are so clean and it's just so fun!

      Delete
  7. This is so cool, i need to get some striping tape ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes everyone should have it! I just ordered more in a different size!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved the difference between the glossy holo and the matte!

      Delete
  9. So cool! I gotta get into striping manis I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are SUCH a fun and easy way to dress up a manicure!

      Delete
  10. I love the combination of the holo and the matte! It looks really cool. I've been meaning to get some of this tape; I love the way tape manis look and they're such an easy way to do cool nail art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome mani! I love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. striping tape mani's are some of my favorite things to do lately - this looks awesome! i recently did a holo under striping tape design too (lasers) - its one of my favorites ive ever done, and yours looks rad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have to check out yours as well, I love striping manicures now!

      Delete
  13. Wow, I love how you decided to matte-ified it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought the matte would look cool on top of the glossy!

      Delete
  14. Another stiping tape mani from you!! AHHH - this going to FORCE me to do one. IT LOOKS AMAZING! Gosh I need a manglaze sooooo badly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...