Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Essie Wedding Collection for Summer 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you are all having a lovely Tuesday!  It's super windy here in NYC today but the sun is shining so I can't complain!  Today I have a brand new collection to show you!


Yes I know this picture isn't color accurate but I took it this weekend on Instagram and I love it!  Every Spring, Essie releases a wedding collection.  Last year I discovered the perfect red creme from their Wedding Collection (First Dance) so I was super excited to see what they came up with this year!  I decided to buy the mini cube rather than full sized because I don't wear pastel colors too often.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


Above:  3 coats of Instant Hot

Instant Hot is a very slightly off white polish.  The little bit of shimmer you see in the bottles does NOT translate onto the nail which was a bit disappointing.  The formula on Instant Hot was also pretty hard to work with, I used three coats above and it's still a bit streaky.  This was my least favorite of the bunch because it was just a pain to apply!



Above:  3 coats of Like To Be Bad

Like To Be Bad is a dusty pale pink that almost looks nude on my skin tone.  Again, the shimmer that you can see in the bottle, which is a really pretty brighter pink, just does not translate onto the nail well.  In direct sunlight, you can see the tiniest hint of it.  The formula on Like To Be Bad was much better, I still used three coats but the third coat really balanced it out to make it not streaky and fully opaque.



Above:  2 coats of Love & Acceptance

Love & Acceptance is a very dusty, greyed out lavender.  It's so greyed out that it's virtually grey but has just enough of a hint of purple to still call it a purple.  I really liked this one although it reminded me of many polishes I already have, namely the Zoya Feel Collection greys.  The formula was really good on this one, only two coats to be opaque and streak free!  Not the most unique but if you are missing a polish of this shade the formula on this was great!



Above:  2 coats of Who Is The Boss

Am I the only one a bit disappointed in these names?  Luckily, this polish doesn't disappoint!  Who Is The Boss is a really pretty pale blue with a bit of green to it.  It's very pale, just gives a slight wash of color but I somehow really like that!  The formula was great on this one, opaque in 2 coats and no streaks.

All in all, this collection was just ok in my mind.  The shimmers were a pain to apply, none of them were terribly unique and I wish there was more color!  In my opinion, the 2011 Wedding Collection far surpasses the 2012.  I'm really glad I got the minis rather than the full sized because I can't imagine I will use these enough to justify the full.  These polishes are available now wherever Essie is sold!

What did you think of this collection?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

21 comments:

  1. The names are *totally* silly for a wedding collection. lol. These are okay... I'm bummed about the shimmer of Instant Hot not translating onto the nail, because in the picture it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the blue was a bit different! I'm hoping to find a great light blue polish as my "something blue" for my wedding this September. :) Sadly, I'm just not in love with this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Essie Borrowed and Blue from the 2011 Wedding Collection! It's gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. A friend of mine is getting married at the 11th of may :)
    i like the white one but there is shimmer in it. I need a clear white one for nail art

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the only one that is pretty unique would be the light green. Thanks for doing this comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Who is the Boss but I agree that the name isn't very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the names seemed weird for a wedding collection to me!

      Delete
  6. indeed the white one looks disappointing. It looks like u need more than three coat to make it opaque. It looks also chalky and dull.
    like to be bad looks much better

    ReplyDelete
  7. The names were real lackluster to me. For a wedding collection, I was expecting something more related to the theme. But thanks for the swatches because I literally almost bought Instant Hot and Like to be Bad at the beauty store today

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love and Acceptance would be my pic. It looks lovely on you:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you order these online or find them in NYC? I at least need Who Is the Boss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered these from Nordstrom but I think Ricky's might have them by now!

      Delete
  10. Totally with you on the names - seriously? This really does have a Zoya Feel collection vibe, but I don't own any of those and I'm thinking I need those last two colors for lack of those shades...thanks for the post ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't have shades like them then the formula on the last two were great!

      Delete
  11. ehh not too fond of this collection.. and youre right the names suck lol! they don't sound like they wedding names except the love and acceptance.. the colors don't look all that great either.. i do like that green one though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...