Friday, April 13, 2012

Fun Friday featuring an Essie and OPI Skittles Glitter Jelly Sandwich!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I was slacking on my "Fun Friday" posts for awhile because my life was so hectic but never fear, they are back and better than ever!  For this week's fun Friday post, I dug into my vault of polishes (which is currently spread out on my living room floor while I am re-organizing and going through my stash) and decided I wanted to try a Jelly Sandwich once and for all.  Now because I couldn't choose just one color, I decided to pick out 5 of my favorite Essie pastel polishes to then top with some OPI glitter and one of the new OPI Ballet Collection sheer polishes on top!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!







This is so not my typical type of manicure but I loved it so much I left it on for almost 3 days!  In lacquered lover world, that's like 3 weeks!  So here are the polishes that were involved in this awesome pastel explosion of glitter and awesomeness.  The thumb was the first nail polish I ever bought (I think) Essie Fiji, which coincidentally is still my favorite pedicure color because it makes my feet look tan.  The orange is Essie Van D'Go which is a really cool peachy shade.  Middle finger is Essie Mint Candy Apple which is probably my favorite polish in the bunch here!  Ring finger is Essie Sweet Talker which has the tiniest hint of a shimmer that you can't see in this picture but is really cute in real life!  Lastly the lavender is Essie To Buy or Not To Buy which also has the tiniest hint of shimmer.

Then, all of the polishes were topped with one coat of OPI Rainbow Collection from the Muppet Collection.  I own a ton of multi colored glitters but this is the first one I could find so on it went!  I really enjoy the large orange pieces in this!  Lastly, I topped it all with one coat of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu which is a sheer white polish.  Looking at the pictures now I kind of wish I did two coats of Don't Touch My Tutu to mute the glitter even more but I really like how this turned out!

What do you all think of this manicure?  Are you a jelly sandwich fan?  What other combinations should I try?

31 comments:

  1. Fiji is my all time fav Essie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for another squishy jelly sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much fun! Rainbow Connection looks real good over pastel shades!! I just didn't thought of layering it like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have thought I would have liked it but I ended up loving it!

      Delete
  4. Aw so cute! I love jelly sandwiches! I have Mint Candy Apple as well and I find it thick and really hard to work with. Is it like that for you at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I had no issues with mine but I Have heard that other people have. Maybe it was different batches?

      Delete
  5. ooh fun!! I just did a glitter sammy with Essie Marshmallow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to pick up Marshmallow just for Jelly Sandwiches!

      Delete
  6. Oh! I love it! I want to eat some sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE jelly sandwiches! This is so gorgeous with the jelly skittles! I want this on my nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just couldn't pick one base color so I figured skittles was the way to go!

      Delete
  8. It came out great! I usually do (2) coats of the sheer top polish but using (1) looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep the next time I am definitely going to do 2 coats! I definitely wish the glitter was more muted. In fact, I might try that tonight!

      Delete
  9. I LOVE this manicure SO MUCH!!!! :D It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and perfect for this time of year. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey is that the Mint Candy Apple we traded for and you're finally wearing it??????? Very cool mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I can't believe it took me so long to wear it but I love it!

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...