Friday, April 6, 2012

A Selection of Wet N Wild Spoiled Collection Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you are all having a nice Friday and are looking forward to the weekend!  I know I am, the boyfriend and I are going up to my parents house for the weekend to celebrate the start of Passover tonight, see the Hunger Games tomorrow and of course, hang out with my ridiculous dog Dodger!  I can't wait!  But, before all of that can happen, there is much nail polish to be seen!


Today I have six of the new CVS exclusive Wet N Wild Spoiled Collection to show you!  This collection started showing up at CVS in the last few months and they have a huge array of colors!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  2 coats of Are Mermaids Real?

Are Mermaids Real is one of my favorites from this collection!  This polish is a medium purple that is PACKED with gold shimmer.  You can really see the gold!  It gives the polish a very glowy look.  Also the shimmer is rather large, not quite flecks but larger than a normal shimmer so the gold really pops!  The formula on this one was good, a tad bit thick but with thinner coats, it's opaque in 2 coats and not streaky.




Above:  2 coats of I'm Ba-Roque

The name of this one actually made me laugh out loud!  I'm Ba-Roque is a light brown/beige polish with the same gold fleck/shimmer effect of Are Mermaids Real.  It's the neutral version.  I liked this polish because it's pretty neutral but has this subtle glow effect that dresses it up a bit!  The formula on this one was pretty thin, as you can see above with 2 coats there is still visible nail line, but a third coat would probably cover that up.  Unfortunately the brush on this was cut at a weird angle which made it difficult to apply.


Above:  2 coats of I'm So Jaded

I'm So Jaded is a neon green with subtle gold shimmer to it.  The color would be great but it was a bit of a nightmare to apply.  It was really thick and even with waiting a few minutes between coats, the polish just pulled on itself and was pooling a bit.  This is definitely a polish that would have benefited from some thinner.  On top of that, the brush was a mess:


If you can see, the brush strands are all different lengths from too short to way too long.  Three of the polishes I tried had brush issues like this.



Above:  2 coats of Tip Your Waitress

Tip Your Waitress is a neon pink creme!  This had one of the best formulas of the group and man, is it BRIGHT!  This is definitely a summer shade!  The formula was mostly opaque in two coats and easy to work with, plus no weird brush issues with this one!



 Above:  1 coat of Jewelry Heist over 2 coats of I'm Ba-roque
Above:  2 coats of Jewelry Heist

Jewelry Heist is a glitter top coat from this collection.  This one is actually really unique!  There are pinkish/gold larger hexagonal glitter, small golden and light purple hexagonal glitter and then tiny iridescent square glitters.  That is a LOT going on but somehow, it all works together!  Again the brush was wonky on this one but that doesn't much matter for glitters.  I really liked how this looked with I'm Ba-Roque!


 Above:  1 coat of Trust Fund Baby
Above:  2 coats of Trust Fund Baby

Now if any of you have been following my blog for awhile, this polish might look familiar from the Halloween On The Prowl Collection by Wet N Wild called Correction Tape.  That's because it was re-released under the name Trust Fund Baby!  Trust Fund Baby is a clear base full of blue, black and gold hexagonal glitter and pink square glitter.  This is definitely a polish to be layered because it would be virtually impossible to make it opaque.  I really liked this combo and Correction Tape and I'm glad they re-released it for those people who missed out!

All in all, this collection was fairly hit or miss.  The brushes were a bit of an issue but could be fixed by either cutting them to the same length or using tweezers carefully to pull out the longer pieces.  The formulas ran a bit thick on a few but nothing some thinner couldn't fix if you really love the colors!  Some of the colors are really unique and fun with interesting glitter combinations or contrasting shimmer which I really liked.  The Wet N Wild Collection is available at CVS now (In 72 shades!) and cost $1.99 each, so you really can't beat that price!

What did you think of these polishes? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy above for additional information.

14 comments:

  1. When I get a polish where the brush has a few too long or really wonky bristles, I pull them out with a pair of tweezers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that's a good way to fix them! I'm just always disappointed when a brand had brushes that need to be fixed.

      Delete
  2. I love the first polish, it's so pretty. I hate that you can't get these in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make friends with someone in the US to do a swap with!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I love the color combination on that one, so different than the glitters we normally see!

      Delete
  4. I finally had a chance to pick some of these up the other day (how did I miss Are Mermaids Real? that looks really pretty). My favorite so far is See You Soon, a turquoise shimmer in a black base. I love their combo glitters like Jewelry Heist and Pet My Peacock. I was most disappointed in Checkin' Into Rehab as it is so thin it is hard to make it work. And yes,the brushes are terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the polish is too thin, try leaving the bottle open for 10-15 minutes before using it, it might help to thicken it up!

      Delete
  5. I want to try Are Mermaids Real! Very pretty! I have a bunch of their glitters but not many of their colored polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is very pretty! The gold shimmer makes it really pop!

      Delete
  6. I was never able to find Correction Tape so I'm so glad they re-released it! I actually bought all of the glitter topcoats from Spoiled and I love the unique color combos. And for the price you definitely can't go wrong. So far the brushes on mine are ok but I've seen a lot of pics of wonky ones. Have a great weekend and enjoy the movie; it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie was great! :) And you're right, for the price you really can't go wrong and the glitters are fun!

      Delete
  7. oh la la I have found a new enabler lol I have been eyeeing those Spoiled for a time and you made me want them all! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this is almost a year too late, but I just finally found this brand of nail polish and I loved the glitters you posted but i'm having the worst time with them, I get maybe 2 pieces of glitter per swipe on a nail, and I don't want to do 8 swipes or else id look funky, how id you get your glitter to be so...well on your nail lolol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...