Thursday, April 26, 2012

Neon Holographic Laser Tape Manicure!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  An early morning post for you all today (and hopefully I will squeeze one in this afternoon as well!)  As you might remember, last Monday, myself and fellow lacquer lovers and bloggers all did a water marble manicure and posted it together for you all to see!  Today, we bring you our take on tape manicures!  I've long been a fan of tape manicures, one of my first tutorials was a tape manicure, my first foray into nail art was a tape manicure, and I've done two tape manicures so far for my freelance job at Divine Caroline!  Last week I discovered the joys of striping tape and now, I bring you a CRAZY manicure I did for my friends birthday party last week where I knew I'd be out in the sun all day!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  Tape Manicure with Flash

First I wanted to show you all how cool this looks with a flash!  To do this manicure, I started with some of my new neons I picked up at Rite Aid (only $2.99! Neon Mattes, amazing!)  These are Nuclear Pink and Rocket Green.  Then I laid down the striping tape in different patterns on each nail and covered with one coat of Layla Black Flash which is a gorgeous charcoal gray linear holographic polish.  I'm obsessed!  Here are some not as fun pictures without the flash but you still get a bit of the holographic effect:






There was a little mishap on the last one, I actually had to do that nail twice and both times messed it up but I actually kind of like it!  I got so many compliments on this manicure when I wore it and it was just super fun to do!  Be sure you check out all the other fabulously talented ladies as well below!

Above:  One last picture of the manicure in the sun!

 
What did you think of this manicure?  Do you like laser tape manicures like this?  What color combinations do you think would look great?




37 comments:

  1. eeeeeee! So pretty. The holo on top is marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty, I love the matte vs. holo contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it ! Is it a contest\challenge or what? I want to join in lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a group of bloggers doing fun manicures once a week! No contest or challenge, those tend to get put by the wayside so we decided just once a week to do something! I will let you know the next one!

      Delete
    2. I love it that it's all about fun
      can't wait to try the next one lol

      Delete
  4. Laser show on your nails! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this combination! You did an awesome job. Did you have any trouble with the Layla application? I might have to try this with my Hits holos sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do have issues with Layla when I wear it on its own but layered like this I had virtually no issues

      Delete
  6. Wow they really do look like lasers!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors and your steady taping are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, especially in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great!! You are so good with striping tape! I want some wider tape like yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ordered more in this size and in the skinnier size!

      Delete
  10. I LOVE this! I love the accent nail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love doing my hands different colors with an opposite accent!

      Delete
  11. I love it! It's like a laser light show on your fingers! ...and reading the other comments, I'm not the first to think that :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you did such an awesome work! I LOVE this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely prefer this version to the negative one you posted a few days ago!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome!!! Neon and holo is like heaven on a nail!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...