Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Battle of the Chanel Peridot Dupes featuring OPI, Deborah Lippmann and Gap!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Today, I have a post that many of you have been asking about!  It seems like every nail polish company is now trying their hand at duplicating the gorgeous Chanel Peridot!  Today, I will have a comparison of all the dupes I have for you so you can decide for yourself!


Can you tell which is which yet?  Here are the contenders (in no particular order) CHANEL Peridot, GAP Gold Rush, Deborah Lippmann Swagga Like Us and OPI Just Spotted The Lizard.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!







Each nail above has three coats of the color.  I tried to show you with my nails at different angles so you can see the color flashes.  Have you guessed yet which is which?


This is the order they are on the nail, from pointer finger to pinkie it goes OPI Just Spotted The Lizard, CHANEL Peridot, GAP Gold Rush and Deborah Lippmann Swagga Like Us!  Let me tell you, I'm glad I took a picture of the order because with three coats, the OPI, CHANEL and GAP look identical!  Same shade, same color flashes, the only difference was the formula!  The OPI has the most brush stroke looking and needs the 3 coats the most to achieve the effect while the CHANEL and the GAP seemed pretty identical in formula and basically achieved the same look in two coats.  As you all can see, Swagga Like Us by Deborah Lippmann is NOT a dupe, it's much warmer, more copper rather than gold and doesn't get nearly as much of the green flash!

So there you have it, I'm going to call it and say that the first three ARE dupes!  I know I didn't originally think that Just Spotted The Lizard was in my Spiderman post but with three coats, I can't tell the difference between the three.  There is however quite the large price difference!  CHANEL Peridot retails for $25 while OPI Just Spotted The Lizard is around $8 and GAP Gold Rush is $6.  I'm a HUGE Chanel fan and think their formula is outstanding, but my second choice if you don't want to spend the money would be the GAP polish! 

What do you think of these polishes?  Dupes to your eyes as well? 

37 comments:

  1. I love how quickly this Gap polish is circulating! Do you know anything about the formula? If it is 3-free, I'll have to jump on it..if not..I might anyway. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOnestly I'm not sure but I heard a rumor that Chanel makes it! Not sure the truth in that but I"ll see what I can find out!

      Delete
  2. Great post! All these look similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Deborah Lippmann is the only different one to my eye!

      Delete
  3. Man, I thought Peridot was on your pinky! Shows how good I am at these things! lol~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I actually may have to grab the GAP color now, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great comparison! I'm getting the gap lool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And definitely get that one if you don't want to pay for the Chanel!

      Delete
  6. Im getting Catrice Genius in a Bottle and im excited because its supose to be a great dupe for Peridot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comparisons! Any idea who makes polishes for Gap? I wonder if it's the same formula as a big name, but with different packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard a rumor that Chanel does but not sure the truth in that yet!

      Delete
  8. Is there any place I can find the Gap polish online??? It's absolutely gorgeous and affordable :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know it's only being sold in GAP stores for now!

      Delete
  9. You forgot Topshop Hidden Treasure. Wonder if I could dupe it with a felt tip pen - surely it's that easy if everyone else is doing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I didn't forget any, these are just the only ones I have!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the comparison swatches! Didn't realize a GAP dupe was floating around!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great comparison! Have you seen Jessica Iridescent Eye? That's the dupe I have. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen it but don't open it but it looks like another dupe!

      Delete
  12. ...GAP sells polish? Great comparison :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just started! I've seen it at the 17th and 5th ave location and the 23rd and 8th location!

      Delete
  13. I am so glad that these companies are jumping on the Peridot dupe bandwagon. There is no way I would be able to afford the Chanel but the other 2 are very doable. I'm definitely going to hunt one of them down. T!hanks for this post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I got Peridot when it first came out, I'm all for saving up for a great nail polish rather than buying more less expensive ones but considering how great many of these dupes are, the Chanel is not a necessity anymore!

      Delete
  14. Didn't know GAP sold a line of nail polish? Thanks for the comparison and the info.

    ReplyDelete
  15. First, I can't wait to get my hands on Just Spotted the Lizard. Second, I wanted to thank you for starting up more communal support in our facebook group. (they really are a great group of people) So, on another note, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! You can view the information here http://kimpellingbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just got Gap Gold Rush today! Its good to know its a dupe for Peridot since that was a lemming of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I like that so many companies are doing affordable dupes of the Chanel. I have Sephora Diving in Malaysia but haven't worn it yet... I may have to try it out and see how close it is to these!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw the Gap version in Gap today and picked it up thinking it was likely a dupe (without doing my usual research!)...and then I rushed home to see if it was...imagine my joy when I saw your blog post! Thanks so much for sharing and validating my impulse purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have I been reading wrong about Diving in Malaysia being at Sephora for OPI? I called Sephora in Honolulu and she couldnt even find it in their system! Is it sold online and Im not seeing it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have I been reading wrong about Diving in Malaysia being at Sephora for OPI? I called Sephora in Honolulu and she couldnt even find it in their system! Is it sold online and Im not seeing it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...