Tuesday, April 3, 2012

BB Couture Classic Hollywood Divas Collection Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you are all having a wonderful start to April!  Today, I have a new collection from BB Couture to share with you all!


The Classic Hollywood Divas Collection consists of 8 colors, 4 cremes and 4 jellies, all with small found silver glitter and holographic bar glitter!  It's a really interesting, different and unique collection and I've never really tried anything like this!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  2 coats of Audrey

First up is Audrey, named after the gorgeous Audrey Hepburn.  I can't help but think of Tiffany's blue when I think of her but BB Couture went in another direction!  Audrey is a canary yellow creme polish that's full of the small silver round glitter and holographic bar glitter.  Because it's a creamy polish, the holographic value gets a bit lost and it looks more like a silver but it's really unique!  I like the shade of yellow a lot because it's not too sever!  The formula was good, opaque in 2 coats!


Above:  2 coats of Bette

Next up is Bette named for the amazing Bette Davis.  I love her and I love this polish!  Bette is a gorgeous bright green creme packed with the glitters.  There is also the tiniest hint of a shimmer to Bette!  Like Audrey, the bar glitter looks more silver here.  This polish reminds me of the fake grass in Easter baskets!  The formula was good, opaque in two coats and easy to use!




Above:  2 coats of Claudette

Claudette is named after Claudette Colbert who starred in the amazing movie, It Happened One Night.  The polish Claudette is a gorgeous medium ocean looking blue jelly that's packed with the small silver glitter and holographic bar glitter.  As you can see, much more of the glitter shows in the jelly bases!  I really love Claudette, such an interesting polish!  The formula was good, a tad bit thicker than the cremes but if you wait a few minutes between coats, it works just fine!




Above:  2 coats of Elizabeth

Elizabeth is named after the gorgeous Elizabeth Taylor with her violet eyes so it makes sense that Elizabeth the polish is purple!  Elizabeth is a red toned purple jelly filled with the same glitters as the others.  I really love how the jelly makes the glitters look like they are floating!  The formula was the same as the other jelly polishes in this collection, a tad bit thick, but I love the look of this and waiting a few minutes to do a second coat doesn't bother me.



Above:  2 coats of Lucille

Lucille is named after the hilarious and amazing Lucille Ball.  The coral color is close enough to orange to mirror her famous hair!  Lucille is a coral creamy base with the same glitters as the rest.  Like the other creamier polishes, the bar glitter looks more silver but has a cool muted look with the different layers of polish.  The formula was opaque in two coats and easy to work with!



Above:  2 coats of Marilyn

Marilyn is named for the fabulous Marilyn Monroe, one of the most famous sex symbols of all time.  It's fitting then that Marilyn is a BRIGHT shimmery pink with the same glitters as the rest.  It seems that Marilyn is the least densely packed of this collection but with the shimmer, it works.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and easy to use, not to mention this might be a perfect pedicure color for the summer!




Above:  2 coats of Raquel

Raquel is named after the beautiful Raquel Welch.  The polish Raquel is a deep brown jelly with lots of red to it with the same glitters as the others.  I actually really love this shade!  You don't see a brown jelly too often and add in the small glitters and bar glitters and you really have something unique!  This polish had the same consistency as the other jelly's and is worth the extra work!




Above:  2 coats of Vivian

Last but most certainly not least is Vivian, named after Vivian Leigh of Gone With The Wind fame.  I am in love with this color!  Vivian is an inky black/blue jelly with way more glitter than all the other colors!  I absolutely adore how multi dimensional this looks and how the silver glitter takes on a blue hue from the jelly.  The formula was a bit thick but totally worth the extra effort!

All in all, this is by far one of the most unique collections I've seen in my time blogging!  I love the combination of jellies and cremes but that they are uniform in the glitters used!  And usually I'm not a bar glitter fan because it can look "hairy" but it's sparse enough here to just have a really cool sparse effect!  The jellies are a bit thick but with a few extra minutes to let the first coat dry, they are easy enough to use.  For me, the jellies are the must haves!  BB Couture is sold through their website for $9.95 each!

What did you think of this collection?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy above for additional information.

10 comments:

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...