Monday, April 2, 2012

Zoya Surf Collection Summer 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers! As promised, this afternoon I have the second half of Zoya's new summer collection for you!



When I first saw this collection, I was super excited by this half!  First of all because I love foils and they looked gorgeous.  Second of all, there is a polish named CARLY!  Finally!  I have a polish with my name and it's spelled correctly AND it's stunning!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  2 coats of Zoya Carly

Yep, my polish namesake is GORGEOUS!  Carly is a beautiful deep purple foil.  It looks like the silver would be a lot more apparent in the bottle but on the nail it's just gorgeous.  And no, I'm not just saying that because it has my name, look at it!  Rich, purple amazingness.  Plus this formula was so great and with so much pigment that it was practically a one coater.  I added a second coat just for good measure and I just love the depth and brilliance of this shade!


Above:  2 coats of Zoya Kimber

Does this remind anyone else of an exotic drink on the beach?  Zoya Kimber is a bright pink with a lot of red in it.  It's basically the color of fruit punch!  I honestly can't wait to wear Kimber on my toes this summer!  The formula was great, almost a one coater, tons of pigment and glided on so smooth!



Above:  2 coats of Zoya Meg

Meg is the cooler toned sister to one of my all time favorite Zoya polishes, Apple.  Meg is an apple green with silver shimmer to it that gives it a cooler feel which means it should work on all skin tones!  I actually love this shade of green because it's light but still rich looking!  Formula was perfect, opaque in two coats and very pigmented.



Above:  2 coats of Zoya Myrta

I am really loving these oranges this year!  Myrta is a pink based orange, almost coral but leaning more to the orange side, and is a gorgeous foil.  I love how rich and citrus looking this is!  The formula was fabulous, opaque in two coats and just stunning. 



Above:  2 coats of Zoya Rory

Rory was my least favorite of the bunch because I just can't get into light pinks.  However if you are a light pink fan, then Rory has the tiniest hint of purple giving it an almost mauve look.  The silver shimmer showed up really strongly in Rory.  The formula was like the others, opaque in 2 coats and lots of pigment.



Above:  2 coats of Zoya Zuza

Oh Zuza, where have you been all my life!  Now, if there hadn't been a polish named Carly, this would have been my favorite from the collection!  Zuza is a stunning turquoise foil.  You need to buy this polish because it's one of the most gorgeous shades I have ever seen.  It's seriously amazing.  The formula was fabulous, opaque in 2 coats, and I pretty much want to include this color in every manicure I do this summer.

So there you have it!  The Zoya Surf collection!  I was seriously wowed by this collection, amazingly gorgeous foils in vivid colors and a CARLY polish!  We all need more Carly in our lives haha.  These polishes are now on sale through Zoya's website for $8 each.  Just for fun, here is a crazy manicure I did last week using four of the polishes from the Beach and Surf Collections!



What did you think of this collection?  Any must haves?  Any Dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy above for additional information.

11 comments:

  1. Surf is my favorite of the two collections. I am absolutely OBSESSED with Zuza!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite has to be Zuza. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want Carly and probably not Myrta either, but I love the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have different tastes! I hope you enjoy the ones you get!

      Delete
  4. Kimber and Zuza are soo pretty! And I'm not usually keen on shimmers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used both Kimber and Zuza in a polka dot manicure for Divine Caroline!

      Delete
  5. I love this collection. It contains very pretty polish shades.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE zuza! i am wondering how close rory is tho to OPI pedal faster suzi as i have that one already as well as CG's dance baby (i layer suzi over dance baby) ... i love zoya foils tho so i'm tempted but don't want too much of a shade dupe ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...