Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Revlon ColorStay Longwear Nail Enamel in Midnight, Sequin and Vintage Rose Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you are all having a nice Tuesday!  Today I have a few polishes to show you from the new Revlon ColorStay Longwear Nail Enamel line!  I'm so happy that these are a different bottle shape than the rest of their line because these are so much easier to use!


Today I have three to show you, Sequin, Vintage Rose, and Midnight.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  2 coats of Midnight

As most of you probably know, I love blue nail polish!  Give me a dark teal and I'm sold!  Midnight is a gorgeous and rich teal creme.  I love that this is more blue based than a lot of teals we have been seeing recently!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and really easy to use. 



Above:  2 coats of Vintage Rose

Vintage Rose is a deep, dusty rose shade.  This polish actually reminds me of my great grandmother (who was one cool and awesome lady when she passed away last year just shy of her 104th birthday) because she always had her nails polished in a shade like this!  This isn't a shade that really appeals to my palette but if you are a pink lady or need more subdued polishes for work, this could be a winner!  The formula was really nice, opaque in two coats and easy to use.




Above:  2 coats of Sequin

Sequin is amazing.  A few weeks ago, some of you were asking me for an affordable silver foil.  This is it!  Sequin is a tad bit darker than your run of the mill silver which makes it unique in my collection of many silver foils!  Honestly this polish was almost a one coater but I added a second for good measure.  I love how sparkly this looks and how easily it applies!

All in all, I was impressed with these!  The formula was excellent on all three, the silver was great and the bottle redesign is so much better!  Revlon ColorStay Nail Enamel runs for around $7.99 per bottle and is found wherever Revlon is sold.

What did you think of these polishes?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy above for additional information.

6 comments:

  1. Love Midnight and Vintage Rose. As far as silver foils go, Zoya Trixie is it for me, though Sequin does remind me of some fabulous heels I wore in one of my high school musicals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I LOVE Zoya Trixie although I have to admit that Deborah Lippmann Stardust it my new favorite silver! Sequin is a tad bit darker than both of those and for people who dont' have easy access to Trixie then this is a great alternative! Virtually the same formula! And I'd LOVE to see those heels!

      Delete
  2. This is a GREAT line of polish! I definitely need to purchase Vintage Rose! In addition to this line's top and base coat, I have purchased:

    Pale Cashmere
    Wild Strawberry
    Bonsai
    Blue Slate
    Fall Mood
    French Roast
    Amethyst
    Indigo Night

    I have been collecting/using this line since its debut in my local drugstore in January and I fall deeper in love with each color purchase!

    APPLICATION: The ease of application varies depending on the color, I've noticed. For example, Amethyst is borderline goopy and somewhat difficult to meticulously manipulate, while Bonsai is fairly thin and easier to manipulate with the brush. Depending on the color, the polish is roughly 85-99% opaque after the first coat - definitely a great characteristic! If you are relatively quick with the application, you can avoid any streaking in the first coat; however, a second coat will take care of any streaking easily. Anything more than two coats will most certainly result in bubbling/bumps.

    LONG LASTING: Let me begin by saying that I am rough/clumsy with my hands and have my hands in water constantly. With that said, this line of polish is perfect for the active working girl! More often than not, this polish will last me at least 7 days (with the use of the corresponding base/top coat). Caveat: there is still the normal wear on the color at the tips of the nails associated with typing and whatnot.

    BASE/TOP COATS: It will be worth your while to purchase the base/top coat because it DOES make a noticeable difference in the life of the manicure. I even use the base/top coats with other brands of polish to prevent chipping on my favorite colors.

    DRY TIME: Be warned, this line does take a while to dry. If I were to guesstimate - dry to the touch in approximately 8-10 minutes. I usually allow myself an uninterrupted complete episode of my favorite pointless reality TV show after I apply the final top coat before I use my hands for anything :)

    ALL IN ALL - WONDERFUL, LONG LASTING LINE OF POLISH!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...