Friday, April 20, 2012

Revlon Gucci Westman Summer 2012 Escapism Collection Swatches and Review

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Friday!  I have a very busy weekend ahead (and hopefully the weather will hold out) and I will show you my awesome manicure for it later today.  But first, I have a new drug store collection for you!


These are 3 out of the 4 polishes in the new Gucci Westman for Revlon Escapism Collection for Summer 2012!  This collection also features a bunch of makeup but this being a nail polish blog, you get to see the nail polish today! Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  3 coats of Sheer Seafoam

Well, I have to give them credit for getting the name right but the polish, that's another story.  Sheer blue polish?  And I mean really sheer, this is three coats.  It's,... not good.  My nails look like they are just stained blue like after taking off a particularly heavy blue.  I'm not a fan.  I've been trying to think of ways to layer this so it will work but so far, I've got nothing.  If you have any idea, please let me know!  The color in the bottle is really pretty but I'm not sure who does the research and development here because it's not cute.



Above:  2 coats of Revlon Red Bikini

Now this polish I can get behind!  Red Bikini is a BRIGHT red that has a lot of coral to it.  I really like this shade!  It's super bright and fun for summer, exactly the shade you can see yourself wearing at the beach!  I love all the coral in it because it gives it a really warm feeling and it looks great on my pale skin!  The formula was excellent on this, fully opaque in two coats, tons of pigment, and just a great summer shade!




 Above:  2 coats of Gold Coast



Above:  1 coat of Gold Coast over 2 coats of Red Bikini

Gold Coast is a really fun polish!  It's a very shimmery gold.  It almost looks like gold shimmer in a clear base which is really cool!  This polish is sheer but surprisingly built up really well in two coats.  A third coat probably would have made it mostly opaque!  Since it was so sheer, I wanted to see how it looked layered so I put a coat over Red Bikini and LOVE the outcome!  It's so sparkly and fun and makes Red Bikini look very glowy!  Plus there is a hint of a pink flash to Gold Coast which is awesome!

All in all, this collection was kind of a mish mash.  Sheer Seafoam was one of the most bizarre polishes I have ever seen (I mean seriously, who wants a sheer blue?) but Red Bikini was fabulous and had a great formula and Gold Coast is a really fun layering polish!  These polishes have started popping up in drug stores all over the US so keep your eyes peeled!

What did you think of these polishes? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy above for additional information.

41 comments:

  1. Sea foam is just sickly looking! The other 2 polishes I can get behind, especially after you layered it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the gold layered over the red but I just can't come up with a good layer for the blue!

      Delete
  2. Sheer Seafoam makes me sad. I'd love to see it layered over white and black and maybe a gray, just to know what it looks like. I saw this in the store the other day but didn't buy it because of the name :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to layer it over silver and white but the color wash is so sheer I'm not sure it will help!

      Delete
  3. Gold Coast over Red Bikini looks awesome. As for Sheer Seafoam, maybe you could use it as the too coat in a jelly sandwich? It might look interesting to do a dark blue base, then a silver glitter, then Sheer Seafoam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did love that combo! And I will give a shot to a jelly sandwich, it's just going to take a LOT of layers!

      Delete
  4. Lol the blue one is really bad, the red one is pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that any company would put out a polish that was intended for a specific purpose and not labeled as such, but what else can you do with Sheer Seafoam besides layering, right? Very strange. I'm a fan of Revlon so this disappoints me. Gold Coast looks very pretty though! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the blue is totally weird but the gold is really nice! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Sheer seafoam might be really nice for jelly sandwiches, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's too sheer for jelly sandwiches but I"m going to experiment!

      Delete
  7. Sheer Seafoam might look better over a very light pink, but all it would be is a slight wash of color, right? There's no iridescence or shimmer at all. What a silly polish. The other two are nice, though. Red Bikini looks almost retro. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I will have to try over pink, didn't think of that! And Red Bikini does look retro, you're right! Very 1950's pinup!

      Delete
  8. Ew, Sheer Seafoam is a hot mess. I can't figure out how it could possibly look good. It looks like corpse nails! Maybe it would be okay if it was layered over a silver foil or something, to give it a tint of blue? I had such high hopes for it so I'm disappointed that it's so horrid!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sad about Seafoam because it looks beautiful in the bottle =/
    Fail Revlon, fail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe they were trying to emulate those "water" polishes from Chanel a few years back, in terms of "Sheer Seafoam"? The only polish I can think to layer it over would be Essie Marshmallow, to keep that squishy look...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into the water polishes from Chanel because that's before I was into polish!

      Delete
  11. On my! I have been wanting a sheer blue since the OPI Ballet collection did not have one and I am wearing these sheers like crazy now on their own and as jelly sandwiches. I sure won't be picking up that Revlon blue sheer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The consistancy on this is nowhere near as good as the OPI Ballet ones were! This one is just not cute!

      Delete
  12. Sheer Seafoam - my goodness, that's really not at all attractive. Although, I thought the same of the grey OPI jelly, but everyone loves that one :)

    Gold Coast is really great for layering!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried to use Sheer Seafoam for a jelly sandwich, but it was so sheer it didn't make any difference!! So I added a few drops of OPI Alpine Snow and OPI Fly and now it's perfect! It has the same color but less sheer, so you actually can use it and see anything!!!
    I hope it helps! The color is very beautiful and I was looking for a sheer acqua blue to layer over glitters :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of trying a jelly sandwich but thought it would be too sheer! I will have to try that combo you mention, it sounds gorgeous!

      Delete
  14. I love the red bikini and gold coast combo. I may have to pick those two up during a revlon sale.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sea Foam reminds me of the OPI ballet sheer gray. Although, for some reason, people like the gray (I think it makes everyone who has posted swatches of it look like a freshly dug up corpse, so I don't get the hype around it at all).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that Seafoam had the consistency of the OPI Ballet Collection! I'm not a huge fan of the grey from the ballet collection but I need to play with it more, but this Revlon is just so sheer and watery!

      Delete
  16. I really like Gold Coast. Sheer Seafoam is SO sheer. It's ridiculous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used the seafoam on top of Sally Hansen's Barracuda and it looked really beautiful! You should try putting it on a pale blue!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd jelly sandwich Sheer Seafoam or use it as a tinting top coat. Or franken with it if I decided it wasn't worth keeping in its original state.

    Funny thing, my toes are pretty much exactly that shade of blue right now with a franken I'm still perfecting, a super-sheer blue tinted base with tons of different, mostly chunky holo, glitters... the glitter definitely makes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My toes are my testing ground for any polish I'm not sure of, since they hardly ever come out in public.

      Delete
  19. Is there a similar color to sheer seafoam that you could add to it to make it more opaque. Ya know, to doctor it up and actually make it usable?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha I've actually been hunting for Sheer Seafoam for ages, since I saw it on LTHP, and I never found it in any of the stores arour me! I even had a friend in England looking for it for me. I didn't realize it had been part of a special LE collection. I'm a sucker for jellies and teals, put them both together and I want it! Funny you hate it and I've been searching for it! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...