Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Nicole by OPI Wel-Kim To My World Swatches and Review!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you are all having a lovely day so far on this fine Wednesday!  The sun is shining in NYC so it's a good day!  Today I have some more Nicole by OPI to show you!


These 6 shades were recently released as part of the Kardashian collection of colors, and these are all based on Kim.  Now I don't really get the appeal of the Kardashians, nor do I understand why they are famous, but I have to wonder if the other girls are upset that Kim seems to get more attention?  Regardless, these polishes are fun so now, without further ado, on to the polish!


Above:  2 coats of Kim Konfidential

First up is Kim Konfidential, a pretty standard nude polish.  As you can see, with two coats there is still a hint of visible nail line but I like that this is a warm toned nude so it won't wash people out too much.  I've never been in love with the mannequin hands look but this could be a good base for some nail art!  The formula was a bit thin but with 3 coats would be even.




 above:  1 coat of Here Kim's The Sun over 2 coats of Kim Confidential


Above:  1 coats of Here Kim's The Sun

Here Kim's the Sun is a really cool polish.  It's a clear base full of iridescent glitter!  I showed it layered over a nude and on its own but it really would look cool layered over almost anything.  There is a lot of glitter packed into each coat and this would definitely dress up any manicure!



Above:  2 coats of Lights, Kim-era, Action!

Lights, Kim-era, Action is a really cool pearly/iridescent polish that looks like a glass fleck!  I love how textured this polish is!  This is great for when you want something that will make you look tan!  I think this polish would be great for a formal event because it will match everything and the shimmery look to it makes it look very fancy!  The formula was good, opaque in two coats and the texture is really interesting.


Above:  2 coats of Nothing Kim-Pares To Blue

This is by far my favorite polish of this collection!  Nothing Kim-Pares to Blue is a gorgeous cornflower blue with iridescent shimmer to it.  It looks like it's glowing!  I love this shade for Spring!  There is a hint of purple to it and it's just super pretty.  The formula was a bit thin but using thicker coats I got it opaque in 2 coats!



Above:  2 coats of Others Pale by Kim-Parison

Others Pale by Kim-Parison is a standard off white creme polish.  The formula was actually pretty good on this one, far less streaky than a lot of other whites and off whites.  Not terribly unique but if you need a nice off white for your collection, this would work fine.



Above:  2 coats of Up and Kim-ing Pink

Up and Kim-ing Pink is a light cotton candy pink.  Seems like lots of brands are doing these light pinks this Spring!  The formula on this was a bit streaky but 2 coats evened it out for the most part.  Not the most unique shade in the world but this would be a nice pedicure color in the summer!

So there you have it, the NOPI Wel-Kim To My World Collection.  This is definitely a Spring themed collection and can be found at CVS, Ulta and Sears!  NOPI retails for $7.99.

What did you think of this collection?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy above for additional information.

5 comments:

  1. Pretty collecion. I liked Nothing Kim-Pares To Blue and Up and Kim-ing Pink most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing Kimpares To You reminds me of Essie Lapis of Luxury but with a little shimmer. I'd be curious to see them side by side.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...