Friday, June 28, 2013

Sneak Peek at the new Sephora Formula X Nail Polish Collection including Swatches!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Friday!  I hope you're all having a lovely week so far!  Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to be invited to an amazing event with Sephora for the sneak preview of their new Formula X nail polish line, coming September 2013!



This collection is comprised of 2 parts and has over 200 polishes in all!  The first is all special edition polishes with amazing finishes that have black tops.  The second is all the core colors full of creme and pearl finishes with white tops.  This line will be replacing the current Sephora X line and you'll be seeing some of the same shades.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!

The following polishes are all part of the Effects line up with black caps:

 Above:  Brilliants

The Brilliants are 5 glitters that all have holographic pieces in them and the silver has larger holographic pieces as well.  These are full coverage glitters so no need to layer!

 Above:  The Celestials

The Celestials is the Formula X version of textured glitter a la Zoya Pixie Dust and OPI Liquid Sand.  I love the colors here (the cobalt and turquoise are especially amazing!)

 Above:  Chromes

These are your typical chrome finish, very reflective and I was told of a possible mirror finish coming soon!


 Above:  The Electrics

The Electrics are all neons!  Both creme and glitter versions in here, these are bright and amazing!  Especially in direct light, the shimmery glitters really come out and are beautiful!

 Above:  Holograms

Yep, Sephora is doing holographics!  These aren't super strong unless under direct light but still pretty!

 Above:  Lusters

The Lusters are a series of fine glitter with hints of larger glitters in a few colors.  These are full coverage glitters in two coats so no need for layering!


 Above:  The Shifters

Duochromes!  I love these!  You may recognize a few from the Sephora X line, specifically the more glittery ones, but trust me, these are really duochrome!  Gorgeous!


 Above:  The Sparklers

The Sparklers are really cool in that they are all in a golden shimmery base and full of multi sized/different color glitters!  These are more meant to be layered since they are so sheer but really cool!


Above:  Super Watts

The Super Watts are colored jelly bases full of holographic glitter!  That green one is just calling my name!

 Above:  Transformers

The Tranformers are gorgeous toppers that can be mixed and matched over any colors to give cool shimmery and a few glittery effects.

Above:  Xplosives

I nearly squealed with joy when I saw the Xplosives!  Matte glitters in different sizes and colors in clear bases!  I'm in love.


The following are all part of the core collection and are cremes or shimmers/pearl finishes and come in bottles with white tops!










In the New Classics and New Neutrals you have every bright, light, pastel and in between shade you can think of!  All of your basics and even some not so basics are here.

All in all, I'm looking forward to the Formula X collection!  The white topped bottles will retail for $10.50 and the black top bottles for $12.50.  Keep your eyes open at Sephora in September, 2013 for these to all be released!


What did you think of these polishes?  Which are you looking forward to?

20 comments:

  1. Oh my! I see lots and lots and lots of amazing polishes here!!! The Celestials, Lusters, and the Sparklers are standing out most to me. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I need almost all of them... gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The transformers and explosives are definitely going on my wish list! These are amazing, thank you for the thorough and in depth swatches for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of these look awesome! The only thing that gets me is the price. $12.50 seems a little steep, especially given that the current incarnation of the Sephora X line is only 0.33 oz. Do you know if these are any closer to full size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I couldn't even shell out 12.50 for the Sephora by OPI np... I wonder how great these really will be.

      Delete
  5. amazing! thank you for the preview.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh my poor wallet! I seriously love ALL OF THESE. Awesome post, Carly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best post EVER!!! great pictures, Carly, thanks for making them large so I can drool. LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those matte glitters look the most exciting! Cool, cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all so lovely
    http://www.betzysmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw these in your IG and squealed when I saw the periwinkle glitter. Too bad we don't have Sephora in my country! :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look amazing! Can't wait until they launch- suppose they're using them to replace Sephora by OPI. I see a ton that I want!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i was hoping a main stream brand would come up with neon matte glitter in a clear base! can't wait for these guys to hhit stores!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!!! Can't wait to see all ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to purchase these. I'm really excited about the holos and the shifters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh the mega watts!! And the xplosives!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for this, they look so different on the Sephora website. It's really helpful to see what they actually look like!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an AWESOME post! I think this looks like a beyond fabulous collection(s). But I am kind of excited that there are only a few that would really be unique to my collection (hard to do) or different than what I can get from my indie polish makers for a lower price.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...