Tuesday, April 17, 2012

NOTD Essence Twins Featuring Bella, Edward and Julia

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Today, I'm doing something I don't normally do! I'm showing you my Nail Of The Day (or NOTD in the polish community!)  I had a swap with a lovely friend in Spain and she got me a bunch of Essence Nail Art Twins!  These polishes come in sets of 2 and are named after famous couples (speaking of, if anyone can find me the Thelma and Louise set I will love you forever!) 

Above:  From left to right Edward, Bella and Julia

Now even though I have a bit of an aversion to Twilight since so many people, including random strangers on the street, tell me I look like Kristen Stewart, Edward and Bella was by far the set I was most looking forward to!  Since I'm a sucker for square glitter and holo, Julia was thrown into the mix as well.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!






So I started off with one coat of Bella because this is a teal polish that's a one coater.  I'm pretty much in love with it.  I will report back if it stains like I'm pretty sure it will.  Not to worry, I have my polish toothbrush and whitening toothpaste ready for action!  Then I added one coat of Edward which is teal and silver  small glitter and square teal glitter!  I LOVE square glitter!  It's so fun!  Then I added one coat of Julia (from the Romeo and Julia set, which shouldn't that be Juliette?  Food for thought.) as an accent nail which is silver and holographic glitter and more square glitter!  I'm in love with this manicure!

So there you have it, my nail of the day!  If you follow me on Instagram (which I'm obsessed with, my name is lacqueredlover and leave me your names in the comments so I can follow you!) then you have been seeing this last night and all day today haha!  If you have a friend in Europe who can get this for you, do it!  I love them!

What did you all think of this manicure?  Any dupes?  Do you love square glitter as much as I do?

38 comments:

  1. I am totally obsessed with the Twins duos! I think Bella & Edward are the faves though... who would have thought that square glitter could drive us wild! Haha if I get any leads on Thelma & Louise, I'll let you know. Mine came from EvilBay :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I finally tried them I'm obsessed too! And I refuse to get sucked into EvilBay because I know the second I try it, I will get hooked!

      Delete
  2. Loving :D What about Chuck? I think that's my favourite. Well, after Bonnie and Clyde maybe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Chuck at home! I will try it soon! I wish I had Bonnie and Clyde!

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous and an awesome combo! I love the Essence duos! I was never able to find them thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky my friend in Spain could grab them for me! I am in LOVE with it!

      Delete
  4. I saw it last day and I didn't know how could be. Now, I think I'm going to buy them because I love it *-*

    ReplyDelete
  5. An awesome combo!! I've got all of those twins but it never crossed my mind to combine the glitters like that! I've got the thelma&louise, and I will definitely search for them for you, too. You'd like the Bonnie&Clyde, too? I believe I saw some twins in the clearance basket somewhere... Very vague, I know, but I'll try. :) I'm hunting for the Essence Fruity LE at the same time for myself - the promo pics look really juicy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes if you could find Bonnie and Clyde and Thelma and Louise that would be amazing! Let me know! These are my first Essence and so far I love them! I always like doing an accent nail so I figured I should mix up the two square glitters I had!

      Delete
  6. It seems "Romeo and Juliet" translates to "Romeo und Julia" in German. I'm guessing that's why the polish is Julia instead of Juliette. Lovely polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know that! It was driving me nuts!

      Delete
  7. I passed on this when someone offered to swap for them, now I regret the square glitter is beautiful! If you ever find a dupe let us know :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. girl, you are way prettier than kstew!!
    I love teal polishes...bummed that this isnt availble stateside.
    following you on Instagram under ali_golightly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! and I know, it sucks these are not available state side (although I will add that Bella stained my nails BAD)! I'm going to follow you on Instagram now too!

      Delete
  9. I'm not a Twilight fan BUT this is and Edward and Bella I like!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! I just thought Romeo and Julia were characters on a show I don't watch, because surely they couldn't have gotten Shakespeare wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this colour combo. It's so unique...not many glitters come in this shade of teal. I am absolutely in love with glitter. Btw, love following your blog...so many interesting posts! Follow mine: http://chippednailblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the shade of blue/teal ... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Edward and Bella! very pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a perfect duo, love these polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous! I wish I had this near me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Find a friend in Europe to grab them up for you like I did!

      Delete
  16. I love that you added a twin from another set (and yes it should be Juliet)! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I like to switch it up so I figured why not add another square glitter?

      Delete
  17. So amazing! Where can i find this brand?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everytime I think I don't need the twins I see the square glitter and die a bit on the inside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...