Monday, April 23, 2012

Deborah Lippmann Mirrored Chrome Collection for Summer 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope you all had a lovely weekend!  I had a very busy weekend including doing a ton of swatches for you all so get ready for a fun week on here!  First up, I have the newest collection by one of my favorite brands, Deborah Lippmann:


The Mirrored Chrome Collection consists of three polishes all with a chrome finish.  Per usual with Lippmann polishes, all three are named after songs!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  3 coats of Private Dancer

First up is Private Dancer, the polish I was most excited about.  I have to be honest, based on the bottle shots, I was a tad bit disappointed.  I was hoping the color would be more a more vibrant, darker purple.  While it wasn't what I was expecting, I do like this polish!  I used three coats above because the formula is a bit sheer and brush stroke-y so I wanted to to even it out, and three coats did the trick.  There is a hint of goldish and reddish flash to this polish, not enough to call it a duochrome in my opinion but enough to be a polish with more than one dimension!  Depending on what polishes you like, I wouldn't necessarily call this a must have, but for Lippmann Hoarders like me, this polish is very unique in her collection!




Above:  3 coats of Sugar Daddy

Sugar Daddy I wasn't too excited about but I couldn't buy 2 out of 3 of the collection because I love Lippmann so I went for it.  I ended up loving it!  It reminds me of rose gold which isn't something you see very often!  Sugar Daddy is a champagne base with flashes of gold and pink.  To my eye, the pink is stronger than anything else.  This polish is also the closest to "mirror chrome" although you can definitely still see brush strokes.  However since it's not really frosty, I don't mind the strokes!  This is a fabulous neutral color when you don't want something crazy but I think it's really unique and elegant!  I used three coats again to smooth out the chrome look and to intensify the color but I really like it!  I can't think of any dupes off hand either which is always a plus!









Above:  3 coats of Swagga Like Us

Yes, I know 8 pictures of the same polish is a lot but since it flashes lots of different colors (and is gorgeous) I thought you guys wouldn't mind too much!  Swagga Like Us was a largely anticipated polish for me and many others because everyone expected it to be a Chanel Peridot dupe.  It's close but it's not quite there.  I will have a comparison post with all Peridot dupes this week and this one isn't!  Anyway, Swagga Like us is a warm gold/copper with strong flashes of yellow, bright gold and green.  It's gorgeous!  Is it close to Peridot?  Yes.  Do you "need" both?  Probably not, but depending on your skin tone, this could be a better version for you!  Again I used three coats to get maximum color flash and intensity and I think it's just beautiful!

All in all, I really liked this collection.  Is this a must have like a lot of her glitters?  Probably not but for the nail polish collectors and Lippman lovers, you'll want to pick it up!  While these are not actually mirror finishes, the chrome finish looks really cool.  I can't wait to try some layering!  I picked these up on Deborah Lippmann's website but I've seen them on a few department store sites too.

What did you think of this collection?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

20 comments:

  1. Nice collection. I liked Sugar Daddy most from these three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I'm still too cheap to shell out the money for these though.. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're going to shell out the money for a Lippmann, go for one of the glitters!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to see real swatches of these. Thank you! Now I know that I don't really want any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help! Definitely not her best work but still pretty!

      Delete
  4. I like the purple one, the last one looks a little but like just spotted the lizard from opi ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much more Copper than Just Spotted The Lizard but I have a big comparison post coming up so you can see!

      Delete
    2. Really glad to hear this - you mentioned skin tone so I'm really hoping to get an idea on which I should buy. Not going to lie the fangirl in me is leaning towards OPI for the Spiderman aspect but for my first Lippmann Swagga Like Us is kind of calling....

      Delete
  5. I really like Swagga Like Us. I don't even care it isn't a dupe for Peridot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad it was NOT a Peridot dupe so I could justify having both!

      Delete
  6. Sugar Daddy's my favorite of these. But still... "I'm your priiiiivate dancer...." Love me some Tina! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! I was so happy to see one named after Tina!

      Delete
  7. Swagga like us is my favorite, and I love the name it's like it's calling my name lol I hope the opi collection comes out fast so I can get my hands on Spotted the Lizard (although they look quite different to me)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw them at Barney's last week, but I didn't buy any. I was very excited about Sugar Daddy based on the promo pictures, but then I saw it in real life and it's the kind of color that looks horrible with my skin tone. Too bad! It looks great on you though... And the S.A told me that it was the most requested and she expected to sold out fast! I thought it would be the chanel "almost" dupe!!
    Thanks for the swatches! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a little more like she used her frost formula - tweeked it a little and called it a chrome and not just a chrome but made us think it's a duochrome. I also was gaga over the bottle of Private Dancer and the transition to the nail left me quite disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I've never tried her frosts so I can't compare for you and I totally agree about Private Dancer! I will try to layer it over a dark purple and see if that helps!

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...