Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Butter London Blagger

I am the first to admit that I was not a huge Butter London fan. After my first experience with a Butter London polish, Teddy Girl, I was really unhappy that a polish that cost $14.00 was so streaky and hard to apply. However then I tried Dosh and that all changed, and my new obsession with Butter London was born!



Blagger is described by Butter London as a "Striking Cobalt Blue" and I'd say that's pretty spot on! It's absolutely stunning.





The formula on this was great, it was nearly opaque in one coat but I threw on a second for good measure. I own a LOT of blue polishes (at least 35) and even I didn't have a dupe for this! I love how rich the color is but it's still light enough to be worn in the summer. Blagger came from the Spring/Summer 2011 collection and I'd highly recommend it!

What's your favorite Butter London polish? Does anyone know of any dupes for Blagger in case soemone doesn't want to drop $14 on it?

12 comments:

  1. I love blue polishes and this one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have Zoya Breezi? Is this anywhere close to it? It is GORGEOUS! I'm still on the fence about a 14.00 polish...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried Butter London. I'm not sure I will. I will be buying a couple of Deborah Lippmann's... but it isn't going to be a regular occurrence for me. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @veronica - I know it's so pretty!

    @serendipitiously - Breezi is much lighter than Blagger!

    @thenailaholic - The thing I'm liking about Butter London is a lot of their colors are uniue, I have yet to find a dupe for Blagger or Dosh. I love my Lippmann Glitters, however I generally won't spend that much on a creme unless it's something super special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous blue. It almost makes me want to shell out the money. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazingly bright blue!! So pretty:) I know Barry M do a blue called Cobalt blue that is pretty close to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowowwwww you always find the greatest blues lol this is an amaing colour

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous blue. I wish I had access to Butter London.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies! I'm not one to just spend $14 on a nail polish unless it's worth it and this one is totally worth it! It's beautiful! Can't wait to try it out as a base for crackles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found a $6 dupe for Blagger by Ulta! I've got a blog post on it :)

    http://amygmeow.blogspot.com/2012/02/ulta-salon-formula-nail-lacquer-blue.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...