Friday, June 24, 2011

METS Manicure!

So the boyfriend won Mets tickets a few weeks ago, and since I'm a HUGE Mets fan and he's never been to the new stadium, we tried to go to the Mets game yesterday! I had a checkup for my broken foot at the doctor (still broken, 3 more weeks in the boot) and then we headed to Queens to go to the game. In the pouring rain. And after the third rain delay, we finally decided to go home and watch Hoarders instead! However I did do a fun Mets manicure for the occassion which I thought I'd share with you!



First I started with a coat of Seche Vite Ridge Filler and then three coats of OPI Y'All Come Back Now Ya Hear? I do love that squishy orange jelly! Then, since the Mets colors are orange and blue, I added some OPI Blue Shatter on top! (Ignore the shadows in the pictures, I just got a new camera and am still figuring it out!)




Unfortunately I was in a rush and upset about my foot so I did the coat of OPI Blue Shatter too thin, but it's still pretty fun! I did just normal vertical polish on my pointer and pinkie fingers, horizontal on the middle finger and a zig zag for my ring finger! Topped it off with Seche Vite Fast Dry top coat and I was good to go!

Do you guys do special manicures for special events? What are some of your favorites? Do you ever try to shatter in different directions?

5 comments:

  1. I wear special manis for pretty much everything! Movie openings, birthdays/holidays, tailgating etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you applied your shatter!!

    Y'All Come Back Now Ya Hear?...mmm...I find it super pretty but I don't know if I'll wear it often...I might buy it during my next haul!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...