Thursday, June 2, 2011

Essie Turquoise & Caicos with Sally Hansen Antiqued Gold Crackle

So after my really disappointing Butter London experience of yesterday, I wanted something fun and bright on my nails! I was going to CVS (and by going, I mean limping since my foot decides to hurt so badly that I hobble around now) and staring at me is ONE bottle left of the new Sally Hansen Antiqued Gold Crackle. I was so excited! I decided to use a polish I've never tried before as the base so I chose Essie Turquoise & Caicos from the 2010 Resort Collection. I got the mini versions of all the polishes but for some reason never tried this one! I also forgot to take a picture of the bottle alone so please forgive me. Here is how it looks with 3 coats on each nail (I find I always have to do three coats with the mini bottles because I cannot seem to get the polish to brush ratio correct!):






It's a really pretty turquoise cream that just makes you think of a caribbean island and drinking pina coladas on the beach in a bikini! After waiting almost an hour to dry, I added Sally Hansen Crackle in Antiqued Gold:



The gold itself is very sheer and I think would work better over a much darker color or a stark white, but it definitely livens up the nails and cracked really well! I was pleasantly surprised at how well in fact, and it certainly works much better than my OPI Silver Shatter! Here are some pictures of Antiqued Gold over Turquoise and Caicos:








And finally a shot of the mini bottle of Turquoise and Caicos and Antiqued Gold:



Essie bottles are generally $8.00 for a full size or I know some more of the mini cubes from the 2010 Resort Collection are floating around on the internet for about $12.00. I will have to double check and update later on the cost of the Sally Hansen Crackle. Bottom line is that Turquoise and Caicos is a gorgeous spring color and a must have for anyone who loves blues and greens. I really enjoyed the Sally Hansen Crackle and will have to try Antiqued Gold over a darker color to see if it pops more. I'm excited to try more of their colors!

What do you think of the Crackle trend? What color combinations are your favorite? What color do you wish they would release in Crackle? What's your favorite Spring polish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...