Thursday, June 9, 2011

Essie First Dance and OPI Blue Shatter

Ugh I know, another shatter post. But it's just so fun to play with! This manicure actually started off as a classy manicure for a black tie event (and let me tell you, my broken foot boot looked great with my short party dress.) I always feel weird having crazy nails at nice events for some reason (I blame my mother) so I wanted to do a classic red. I'm always on the hunt for a true red that is not too blue or too orange, and I think I may have found it!







Essie First Dance from the 2011 Wedding Collection. Dare I say it's almost a perfect red? I was already a HUGE fan of Borrowed and Blue from the same collection, but I might even love First Dance more! I even had the boyfriend paint it on my toes! In the pictures the red comes out a tiny bit orange but I assure you, it's basically a true red cream in real life.




I did one coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails, two coats of First Dance and one coat of Seche Vite. I got a ton of compliments on the gorgeous red at the event and even had people ask what it was! It's just a stunning, classic shade.


However by Monday I was bored of it since I have NADD (Nail Attention Defecit Disorder) and decided to spruce it up with OPI Blue Shatter. I think this may have to be incorporated into a July 4th manicure later this summer!



Essie polishes generally cost $8.00 a bottle and I got this one at a Duane Reade. OPI Shatter's can cost between $10.00 and $12.00 and are definitely worth it. I highly recommend both of these.

What's your favorite red? Do you have a more classic manicure for fancy events or do you go crazy and colorful?

8 comments:

  1. I love these two together :) Deff patriotic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figure add some white crackle and I have my July 4th manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @nailderella - thanks! It was something fun! I just love First Dance so much and I do love crackling everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NADD - haha good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Belle - it's so true! If I don't change my nail polish every 2 days I get all antsy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand you when you talk about your love for crackling everything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @nailderella - I made myself a vow that I'd do only one of two crackle manicures this week instead of every day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...