Monday, June 13, 2011

OPI Texas Collection (Well, Some of Them!) PIC HEAVY!

Ok my fellow lacquerheads, time to start posting about all the polishes I bought/swatched recently! When OPI came out with the Texas Collection, I wasn't in love with it and had been spending way too much money on nail polishes at the time to get any of the colors. However as I saw more and more colors, I started to want them more and finally broke and bought three of them: Y'all Come Back Now Ya Hear?, Austin-Tatious Turquois and Suzi Loves Cowboys. Get ready because there are a lot of pictures about to come your way! (and I apologize in advance for any messy cuticles, I was trying to get a ton done in a day and ended up being a bit messy!)




First up is Austin-Tatious Turquoise! This color is a gorgeous turquoise and coincidentally almost the same shade in the bottle as Turquoise Shatter. The formula is a bit thin and I did 3 coats on every nail in order to make it more opaque. Here it is first with the flash and second without:





I wish the formula was a bit more thick, but I love the shimmer to this polish and the slight gold and silver hints of sparkle.



Lastly, just for fun, I decided to put a matte top coat (Essie) on my second and ring finger just to see how it looks. I love the shimmer matte!

Next up is Y'all Come Back Now Ya Hear?



This is a bright orange and what OPI calls a "sorbet" finish, which really is just their term for a jelly. It's super sheer and really has to be built up. To show how sheer it is, I only did two coats. In all fairness the visible nail line is always more apparent in pictures, but it was very apparent in real life:





I am very on the fence when it comes to jelly or "sorbet" polishes. I love the squishy look, but I HATE it when I have visible nail lines. I think I'm going to try to layer this polish over white and over an opaque pink and see how it comes out. I will report back with details! I adore this shade of orange, I just think the formula was too thin, so hopefully I can salvage it!

Lastly, I have Suzi Loves Cowboys, a gorgeous brown cream:



I cannot praise this polish enough! A perfect, chocolate brown cream. It's seriously the color of a Hershey's chocolate bar! This color is amazing for fall/winter or with some sparkle or colored shatter added on top! I'm in love! Here are some swatches of it on my nails:






All in all, I will say I liked the polishes I got from the collection. Austin-Tatious Turquiose can be built up easily enough, I loved Suzi Loves Cowboys and love the shade on Y'All Come Back Now Ya Hear, even though I'll have to find a better way to use it!

Anyone out there have any polishes from the Texas Collection? Any other ones you'd recommend buying? What are your thoughts on the "sorbet" finish?

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE jellys! Especially the pink OPI sorbets. OMG I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @thenailaholic - I want to love them so badly but I can't stand the visible nail line! Do you just do a ton of layers or do you not care if some line shows through?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also like the glitter matte
    the brown is my fave <3 great swatch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Belle - my new obsession is making shimmers into matte's! They are just so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...