Thursday, June 16, 2011

OPI Extra-Va-Vaganza Swatch and Review!

I have to admit, Extravaganza is one of my favorite words now that I've been obsessed with watching RuPaul's Drag Race for the last few months. Whenever I see it, I think of RuPaul in all his/her glory saying it! So when I was browsing in my local Ricky's last weekend and saw this color, I knew I had to have it!



Extra-va-vaganza came out as part of the Burlesque collection in 2010. I didn't go rushing to buy all the colors and only got the Little Teasers Minis (another NEW set of which is in my fabulous 50 Follower Giveaway HERE) and didn't get any glitters because as much as I love the look, I HATE taking them off! Yet I'm really glad I got over that and tried out this color!



This color is an orange glitter although it has tiny flecks of green, blue, pink and gold glitter (from what I could tell without wearing my glasses when I swatched this!) It's sheer, so I did one coat of Seche Vite Ridge Filler as a base coat and then three coats of Extra-va-vaganza. It's important to wait for the glitter to dry for a couple minutes between coats otherwise you end up with bald spots and bumpy spots and moving the glitter everywhere! Here is another picture:



I have to say that I really have nothing in my collection that's like this. It's a great "bling" nail polish and I'm looking forward to using it in the Fall because to me, this feels more like an Autumn color than a summer one. OPI polishes are sold for $8.00 a bottle. I'm definitely glad that I added this one to my stash since it's so unique!

Do you have any of the OPI Burlesque Glitter polishes? Do you have certain colors that are seasonal in your stash?

6 comments:

  1. this is one of my favs! It looks hawt layered over an orange polish too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rachel - I think I'm going to try layering it over an orange next! Any one in particular you like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Drag Race! Did you know that Petrilude is trying out for next season? I would LOVE to see him on there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @thenailaholic - isn't it the best show on television? So glad Raja one, but I still think that Raven was robbed in season 2! I'm so excited that DragU starts on my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty! OMG I am going to have to check those colors out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Makeup Your Mind - I love it! I didn't think I'd be a fan of an orange glitter but it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...