Monday, July 2, 2012

Monochrome Monday Featuring Gradient Dots!

Good morning my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Monday!  First, I want to apologize for my lack of posting last week, about 20% of my office got knocked out by a nasty stomach virus and I was one of them!  Luckily I'm finally feeling better!  And, I have a super fun manicure for you today!  As some of you have seen, some lovely fellow bloggers and myself (and a few nail art fanatics) have been doing challenges every couple of weeks just as a fun little event between us all!  This weeks challenge was "Monochrome Monday" meaning black and white!  After seeing this amazing Gradient Dot manicure by Sarah over at Chalkboard Nails, I knew I wanted to try it using black, white and grey!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!








Don't mind my poor broken left ring finger nail, the rest of my nails will be chopped off tonight so I don't look so lopsided!  The colors used in this manicure are Milani White on the Spot, Finger Paints Black Expressionism and Essie Cocktail Bling.  I used dotting tools to make the different sized dots and love how it came out!  I do prefer the ones with the white base more but I think it came out really fun!  It was a bit time consuming but since it's all just dots, it really wasn't too bad for how complicated it looks!  I will definitely be trying this again with different colors!  Make sure you check the links below for the other amazing ladies participating!

What did you think of this manicure?  What other colors would you like to see?


28 comments:

  1. Nice! The colors are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! this design looks great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful dotticure! how can I join those manicure challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! It's stunning & the dots look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got that white Milani in the mail, based on a few recommendations. Can't wait to try it out (my current white sucks!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love these! I'm really into dots right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monochrome manis are so daunting, but you nailed it. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look! Polka dots are my favorite and I love the combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so freakin cool! Awesome job! I think black, grey, and white are the perfect colors for this mani.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Carly.. I'm doing one of these for my 4th of July mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them! I need to copy this one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dots and especially color combination! Classy and modern at the same time:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! So many ways to try this using different colors. Very pretty in the black, grey and white combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks amazing!! There's something so classy about black and white nails. I love the gray dots too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute! Glad you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it Carly! Nice & classy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...