Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Butter London Cheeky Chops and Macbeth Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Tuesday!  I know it's been a few days since I blogged but I'm back and have some exciting stuff coming up for you in the upcoming weeks, including a very exciting trip to Cosmoprof in Las Vegas starting next Sunday!  Today I have two gorgeous Butter London polishes to show you so now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  2 coats of Cheeky Chops

First up is Cheeky Chops, a beautiful bright cheery yellow polish!  Seriously, how can you be in a bad mood with a polish like this on?  Cheeky Chops (which in British slang stands for "A term of endearments for someone who is saying things that are a bit naughty (usually a child)") is a bright to light yellow creme.  Let's call it sunshine yellow.  The formula was a bit streaky as yellow polishes tend to be but a third coat would have evened that right out.  I did love that this yellow didn't make me look diseased and actually had a nice tone to it.



Above:  2 coats of Macbeth

Macbeth, named after the famed king of Scotland (who wasn't nearly as twisted as Shakespeare made him out to be), is a gorgeous orange/coral that leans some what pink/red.  In short, it's gorgeous!  It is slightly more orange in real life than in this picture but my camera did not want to capture it in its entirety!  The formula was fabulous on Macbeth, opaque in two coats and lots of pigment.

All in all, as usual Butter London did not disappoint!  Both Cheeky Chops and Macbeth are great summer colors with a fun color payoff that would be perfect as a manicure or pedicure!  Both of these shades are in Butter London's core line and are available where ever Butter London is sold!


What did you think of these polishes? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated that Cheeky Chops was streaky but I got over it because it is such a gorgeous yellow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellow colour is my fave from these two :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheeky Chops was my first BL polish so it holds a special place in my heart :) I always swap or sell my other yellows and keep this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...