Tuesday, July 10, 2012

BB Couture 6 Shades of Grey Collection Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Tuesday to you all!  I'm very excited about today's post!  I discovered the brand BB Couture a few months ago and fell in love with their unique style (I love the men's and women's lines) and great formula.  Today, I have their newest collection, 6 Shades of Grey, which will be released soon to show you!


I love grey nail polish as a great neutral alternative to a nude so I was really excited to hear that this would be all greys!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


Above:  2 coats of Briquette

Up first is Briquette, one of the darker shades from this collection.  Briquette is a dark grey with almost olive green undertones and a hint of a hidden shimmer that pops out in direct light (it's the second from the left in the picture with the flash on the top.)  I love how dark this is and can't wait to wear it this Fall!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and very easy to use.



Above:  2 coats of Grey Matter

Grey Matter might be my favorite from this collection!  Grey Matter is the exact color of cement with larger particles of silver shimmer in it that really make it unique.  I love how the shimmer almost looks like glitter but not quite that gives it this overall shiny, sparkly look without being too in your face.  This is a fantastic grey for all year round!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and a great consistency.


Above:  2 coats of Puce

Puce is another of the darker shades and this one has a lot of brown and maybe even a tad bit of purple to it!  Let's call it "raisin."  It also has the hidden shimmer to it with the larger pieces of shimmer in a slightly lighter shade that gives it a really unique finish.  (In the first picture, it's the one all the way on the right) I love these hidden shimmers!  The formula was good, opaque in two coats although a bit on the thin side so a third coat might be used to really intensify the color.



Above:  2 coats of Shaded Ash

Shaded Ash is another super unique color.  This grey has a ton of green in it.  It kind of reminds me of an army green or part of camouflage!  I love it!  There is a hint of fine hidden shimmer to this that wasn't that visible on the nail unless it's in direct light.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and very easy to use!



Above:  2 coats of Smoke

Smoke is the lightest of the shades in this collection and is an awesome neutral light grey with a silvery shimmer to it.  I love it!  This is great when you need something more toned down but don't want to be boring.  I love shades like this, especially when I get tired of vampy shades in the winter but can't do a super bright!  The formula was great on this, perfect coverage in two coats!



Above:  2 coats of Starry Starry Taupe

Last but not least is Starry Starry Taupe which is, you guessed it, taupe!  This is a very brown leaning grey but I love how the light large shimmer particles give this color a lot of depth!  The formula was really good, opaque in two coats and in the light, the shimmer is gorgeous!

All in all, I really liked this collection!  I love all the interesting takes on grey polish and the hidden shimmer in these really pops in the light.  I love when a polish can look professional and neutral but has a little something extra to it!  The Six Shades of Grey collection should be released soon on BB Couture's website

What do you think of this collection? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information
.

5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the collection! Though they could have come up with 50 polishes haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does Shaded Ash compare to Zoya Evvie? Wish we could get these somewhere in the city :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG and here goes my nailpolish-buy-ban..... They are just stunning, thanks for sharing I will definitvely grab Briquette, Puce and Shaded Ash and maybe, probably - oh well certainly Starry Taupe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...