Friday, July 6, 2012

Milani Nail Lacquer Releases for Spring 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Friday!  I hope you all have something fun lined up for this weekend!  I have a ton of swatching to do for you all!  Today, I have the nail polishes that were released by Milani this past Spring!  I've already shown you the new glitters and the Fast Dry line and now these were added into their core line this year.  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  2 coats of Milani Beach Front

Beach Front is a gorgeous sky blue packed with silver shimmer!  The silver shimmer really gives it a nice sheen and a lot of depth and the blue is very vibrant and bright without being neon.  The formula was a bit on the thick side but easy enough to work with and opaque in two coats!



Above:  2 coats of Dark Coffee

Dark Coffee is a pretty great name for this deep, almost blackened brown.  Dark Coffee is a true brown, no red to it, just a very rich brown creme.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and very easy to use.



Above:  2 coats of Deep Thoughts

Deep Thoughts is a very blackened purple, so dark that the edges almost look black but the bright purple shimmer makes it more purple.  The shimmer gives this a lot of depth and makes the polish look almost glowing.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and easy to work with.



Above:  2 coats of Key West

Key West is hands down my favorite of this collection!  Key West is a vibrant bright teal with a ton of shimmer that just looks like the Caribbean ocean on your fingers!  I love it!  The color payoff is huge and it's just beautiful.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats!



Above:  2 coats of Mint Candy

Mint Candy is a blue leaning mint green with a very subtle silver shimmer to it.  It's so subtle that unless you're in direct light or sunlight, you can barely see it.  The formula was nice, opaque in two coats and easy to use, just not the most unique color to me.



Above:  2 coats of Orchadia

Orchadia is the bright lilac version of Beach Front.  Orchadia is a very bright, pink leaning lilac packed with silver shimmer that gives it a lot of depth.  The color is really vibrant and pigmented!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and easy to use!



Above:  2 coats of Milani Sail Away

Sail Away is a gorgeous deep, navy blue that's packed with silver shimmer so the shade looks brighter.  I can't wait to wear this in the Fall!  It's so vibrant and pretty, like the ocean at night with the moon reflecting off of it!  Ok, that was a little weird, I admit haha, but it's just really pretty!  The formula was great, opaque in two coats and very pigmented!



Above:  2 coats of Signature Gold

Signature Gold is bright yellow gold metallic nail polish.  You can definitely see the brush strokes a bit with this one so if  that bothers you, beware!  The color isn't the best for my skintone but it's a good gold if you don't have one in your collection.



Above:  2 coats of Silver Stiletto

Silver Stiletto is amazing.  There, I said it.  This is an amazing, sparkly, foil silver that just pops off your nail!  I love how light and bright it is!  It's a perfect silver!  The formula was fantastic, opaque in two coats and really fun!



Above:  2 coats of Teddy Brown

Teddy Brown is the exact color of a brown teddy bear so good job on the name Milani!  Teddy Brown is a light brown creme, kind of a mocha color.  The formula was nice, opaque in two coats and applied easily.

All in all, I was impressed by these!  There are some great, unique colors in here with lots of pigment and depth and I'm especially in love with Key West!  These polishes should now be available wherever Milani is sold!


What do you think of this collection? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information

7 comments:

  1. I have Sail Away and I absolutely love it! I can't get enough of colors that have that semi-hidden metallic shimmer. I really want the 2 brown colors too; so pretty. Milani has been hitting it out of the park lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Key West! I have a bottle of Sally Hansen Marine Scene that's almost run out & have been looking around for a similar color to replace it. (That one is pretty but very sheer, takes quite a few coats to build up enough) I think this one's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that they added these to their core line. I've been pining after Orchidia for some time. It's such a gorgeous, unique purple. Beach Front is another that I would love to get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are beautiful! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orchidia and Deep Thoughts are my favorites of this collection. I'm excited these are core collection, too, but who knows when Oregon'll see them, lol. I have yet to see the Milani holos. :p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...