Monday, July 30, 2012

Layla Softouch Effect in Turquoise Splash, Magneffect in Starry Night & Purple Galaxy and Magneffect Soft Touch in Turquoise Wave Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Monday!  Today, I have the first half of my swatches I received from the amazing brand Layla!  They have a bunch of new lines coming out so today I'm going to be showing you the one "soft touch effect" polish I received as well as the 3 different magnets, glitter, regular and soft touch!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!




Above:  2 coats of Layla Turquoise Splash



Above:  2 coats of Turquoise Splash with Flash

Let me start by saying that these are NOT matte!  Matte polishes are made with a powder substance (which is what gives them the slightly chalky feel at times) but the Layla Softouch Effect has a wax in it which is what gives it it's "not shiny" look.  Turquoise Splash is a beautiful turquoise polish with green flecks in it.  It is absolutely stunning in person!  Imagine something like Zoya Charla but with more green flecks then given a not shiny look and made very smooth.  THAT is what this polish is like!  It's absolutely fabulous and I cannot wait to buy more from this line!  The formula is fantastic, opaque in two coats and the best part is that it's meant to be worn without a base coat and no staining!




Above:  Purple Galaxy Magneffect


Above:  Purple Galaxy Magneffect with Flash

Above:  macro shot of the heart magnet nail

Purple Galaxy is part of the original Magneffect line but now there are 4 new magnet shapes!  Please excuse the very messy swatch here, I haven't used a magnet in awhile and it was a bit challenging for me to get back into it!  The new magnet designs are a heart, star, hashtag and arrows.  The heart was a bit hard to line up properly but it's so cute!  The arrows and star come out really clearly and look gorgeous!  I did one coat of the polish and then a second, more thick coat right before applying the magnet and they worked great!




Above:  Softouch Magneffect in Turquoise Wave

I still can't figure out how this polish is even possible to make but I am SO glad it is!  Yes, you are looking at a "not shiny" magnetic polish.  Yes, it dried this way, no top coat is involved.  Yes, it's just as cool as it looks!  I will say that the heart effect did not work for me with this one but the rest look awesome!  I did one coat of the polish, let it dry for just a minute and then did a second coat and immediately did the magnet on top!  They also dried super fast!



Above:  Magneffect in Starry Night

And finally, a glitter magnetic polish!  This polish has fine microglitter in it that makes it really fun and sparkly!  It works like any other magnetic, it just has a really fun glitter finish to it!  I love how dark this one is but how the magnet really lightens it and the glitter just adds some sparkles to your tips!

All in all, Layla is really stepping it up with innovative new collections!  "Not shiny" polishes, "not shiny" magnetics, glitter magnetics, heart magnets, lots of new stuff!  Stay tuned tomorrow for some holographics, flakies and a mirror effect polish!  Keep your eyes open at your normal Layla seller (Ulta, Ninja Polish, Ave You, etc) for when these are launched!  Some might even be out already!

What do you think of these polishes? Any must haves? Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.


14 comments:

  1. i love the soft touch!! i'm still practicing with the magnets haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They take a bit of time but they are awesome once you get them to work!

      Delete
  2. mmmmm, mama likes!!!! You have some pretty colors there, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. layla seems a really interesting brand! they come up with some many great polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turquoise Splash looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put it on last night as a full manicure because it's so gorgeous!

      Delete
  6. Not sure about the not shiny look... it kinda looks like polish does after you put lotion on. But the Turquoise Splash color is FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep trying magnetics and haven't been impressed, but these Laylas look really nice, I must admit. I just can't decide if they are worth their big price tag. Thanks for sharing these swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turquoise Splash is so pretty! It reminds me of Zoya Charla, which is always a favorite of polishaholics :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...