Thursday, July 19, 2012

Butter London Autumn/Winter 2012 Collection Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Happy Thursday!  I'm so excited for today's post!  Yesterday, I was offered a job that I'm really looking forward to!  More details on that as it gets closer to my start date but to celebrate, I decided new nail polish was in order!  I saw a tweet that the new Butter London Collection has landed at Ricky's so I had to check it out:

Five gorgeous new colors for fall including two glitters and two holographic polishes!  It's like this collection was made for me!  Some of these have a lot of pictures because they are gorgeous so I hope you all don't mind!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



 Above:  3 coats of Dodgy Barnett with Flash



Above:  3 coats of Dodgy Barnett without Flash

First up is Dodgy Barnett, a silver holographic nail polish.  Yes, Butter London is doing holographic and doing it well!  The holographic in this polish is almost a faint linear holo.  It's not as strong as a Layla or older OPI/China Glaze but the effect is really pretty and subtle!  The formula on this was thin so I did three coats for full opacity but it would be cool to layer one coat of Dodgy Barnett over anything to give it a holographic look!



 Above:  3 coats of Gobsmacked without Flash
Above:  3 coats of Gobsmacked with flash

Gobsmacked is a really special polish.  Gobsmacked is a very dark charcoal grey, almost black, with silver/grey glitter in it.  It looks like sparkling pavement and I'm in love with it!  It has so much dimension and depth in real life and is just really unique.  The formula is a bit thick so I recommend a good shake before use and then two coats made it completely opaque!  This is definitely a top coat eater so I recommend using a coat of Gelous!



 Above:  3 coats of Lovely Jubbly without Flash
Above:  3 coats of Lovely Jubbly with Flash

Lovely Jubbly (and yes, I say the name out loud every time I read it because it's fun to say) is red, gold and blue glitters in a magenta base.  It's awesome!  It's so sparkly and fun!  The overall look of this color is definitely a fuchsia but it's so interesting with all the different microglitters!  Three thin coats of this polish made it perfectly opaque and oh so very glittery!



 Above:  2 coats of Shag with Flash

Above:  2 coats of Shag without Flash

Seriously can anyone hear the word Shag and not thing of Austin Powers?  Shag is a gorgeous rust that is a perfect shade for autumn.  The cool thing is that not only is it a shimmer but it almost seems like there are tiny, flat pieces of glitter in it!  It's sparkly without being over the top glitter.  The formula was fabulous, opaque in two coats and just stunning!



 Above:  3 coats of Trustafarian with Flash


Above:  3 coats of Trustafarian without Flash

Last but most certainly not least is Trustafarian which is a pale sage green version of Dodgy Barnett.  Trustafarian has a subtle linear holographic effect and is simply stunning.  I can't wait to layer this over dark greens, blues and a black this fall!  The formula was a bit thin so it took 3 coats for full opacity.


And just for fun here are a few macro shots of the glitters:


All in all, I think this is a fabulous collection!  The colors are unique for a Fall Collection, the finishes are great, the holo is fun and the glitter is fabulous!  I truly love them all!  These polishes are just launching now and you can buy them at Ricky's using my 15% off coupon using the code lacqueredlover !


What did you think of this collection?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

17 comments:

  1. these are beautiful! I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple comparison suggestions:

    Lovely Jubbly and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Rockstar Pink
    Gobsmacked and Milani One Coat Glitters Silver Dazzle

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I was really looking forward to some cremes, maybe an addition or two to the Lippy line. Gobsmacked looks kind of awesome, though, and Trustafarian looks hghly intriguing. The world couuld use a few more green holos. Great swatches, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. from what i've seen online, there are about 5 lippy glosses that will be added (Toff, Tea with the Queen, La Moss, Come to Bed Red, and Queen Vic).

      Delete
  4. I'm absolutely loving Trustafarian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and thanks for the swatches, These shades look all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the swatches! I love them-and now I feel the need to pick all of them up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dodgy Barnett looks similar to Milani- HD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the holos and the grey one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, I can't wait to get my hands on some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely want Trustafarian, Gobsmacked, and Dodgy Barnett

    ReplyDelete
  11. How close is Trustafarian to a England's Princess Sabra? They look like they might be dupes for each other.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...