Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thakoon for NARS Limited Edition Collection for Summer 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I hope this Thursday is treating you well!  Today, I have a post for you that I slacked on for a bit (even though I've used all the polishes a few times so far) but finally swatched last night and am SO happy I did!


The clothing designer Thakoon teamed up with makeup legends NARS this summer to create 6 limited edition nail lacquers.  Each one is named after an Indian spice, although being someone who doesn't cook, I had no idea what they were!  Regardless, this collection is full of bright summer cremes!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!!!




Above:  3 coats of Amchoor

The impossible has happened.  I have fallen in love with a yellow creme!  Amchoor is a gorgeous bright yellow creme.  It's not so bright that it's neon, it's buttery and beautiful!  It's somehow not making my skin tone look sallow which is fabulous.  It just looks great on and is really saturated.  The formula was a tad bit thick so it took three coats to achieve this look with no patchy spots but honestly, it was worth the extra coat for the payoff!




Above:  2 coats of Anardana

I really wish my camera could have captured just how bright this shade is!  Anardana is a BRIGHT fuchsia!  It's the perfect watermelon blue toned pink in real life.  It practically glows on the finger tips!  I've never been a huge pink fan before but this season has lots of these vibrant fuchsias and I can't get enough of them!  The formula on this one was great, opaque in two coats, applied really easily and the saturated color payoff is incredible!




Above:  3 coats of Koliary

A few weeks ago I found the perfect Royal Blue.  Now I have found the perfect bright blue!  Koliary is a stunning bright blue, too dark for a sky blue and not quite green enough for a turquoise.  It should just be called "perfect blue."  It's super saturated and vibrant and I'm just in love with it. 




Above:  3 coats of Kutki

I really enjoy saying the names of these polishes.  Kutki just sounds fun!  Kutki is the more timid little sister of Koliary.  Kutki is a really pretty white based light blue.  This isn't your normal pastel because it's way too vibrant to be called pastel but it is the lightest of the bunch here.  It really gives a nice pop of color, even on someone as pale as I am.  I can imagine on someone with a hint of darker skin would really make this shade pop!




Above:  2 coats of Ratin Jot

Ratin Jot is halfway between pink and purple.  Pirple?  Purnk?  Regardless, I can't think of a color I have that's a dupe of this!  This was probably my least favorite of the collection because it just didn't have that same saturated, vibrant look to me but it's still very pretty!  I even incorporated it into a manicure last week! 




Above:  2 coats of Lal Mirchi

I saved Lal Mirchi for last.  Lal Mirchi is the most exclusive of all these limited edition polishes because it's ONLY available at NARS store on Bleeker Street in NYC or on NARS website, while all the others are available at most department stores and Sephora.  Lal Mirchi is a very red based orange that for some reason looks a tad bit pink in my pictures.  It's must more orange in person!  I love this shade, it's super bright!  The formula on this one was excellent, almost opaque in 1 coat!  I'm really into orange this year and this one is perfect!


All in all, this collection was a huge hit for me.  Part of the reason I don't wear cremes too often is they seem a bit plain after wearing glitter and crazy flakies all the time but this collection is so vibrant that it breaks the mold!  Some of the formulas were a bit tough to work with and required three coats to even out but the color payoff to me was worth it!  I love how saturated they look (believe me, my pictures are NOT doing them justice) and they are just so great for summer!  These polishes retails for $18 and are limited edition so if you're interested in them, snatch them up now!

What did you think of this collection?  Any must haves?  Any dupes?

34 comments:

  1. Nice collection :) There will be dupes but i don't know wich one yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are already dupes out there but I just love how vibrant these are!

      Delete
  2. These are very nice, especially the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anchoor it's the perfect summery yellow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fabulous? I never thought I'd be so in love with a yellow!

      Delete
  4. Koliary is super pretty. And the yellow is... tempting? I don't usually like yellow on my nails but this one is some kind of special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually hate yellows but this one is actually gorgeous on!

      Delete
  5. I love them all! Never tried a NARS nail polish but will definitely have to investigate now. A dupe for the pink might be OPI's 'You're a Pisa Work'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NARS has amazing polishes! And I"ll look into that pink!

      Delete
  6. Ohh I love them!! I need to try that light blue, I am on the hunt for the perfect baby blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These colors are great! They're exactly what I've been craving lately. I loooooove the blues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love the blues too! These are just so perfect for summer!

      Delete
  8. I love how the colors are named! I think they are slightly India themed? Anardana means Pomegranate , lal mirchi = red pepper, Amchoor sounds very familiar to mee too. (I am Indian)

    I think it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the paragraph before the swatches, it says they are all named after Indian spices.

      Delete
    2. Haha yes, they are all indian themed! The designer Thakoon is from India!

      Delete
    3. Amchoor is dried mango powder. Kutki is a type of medicinal root.

      I'm in love with how these are named, trust NARS to name their products so aptly!

      I was contemplating on getting Koliary and Amchoor and didn't get them, only coming home with Anardana... but now I think I might go back and get Amchoor and Koliary!!

      Delete
  9. I love to cook and I still have no idea what these spices are! Clearly I don't cool much Indian... LOVE to eat it, though. :) These colors are absolutely gorgeous. I agree with the gal who said the yellow is tempting. Most yellows are kind of bleahh. This one's kind of stunning, and it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liesl! I agree, most yellows are not cute, especially on pale girls like me, but this one just looks fabulous on!

      Delete
  10. These make me like creams when I'm not a big lover of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I haven't been into cremes at all this year but these changed my mind!

      Delete
  11. You always have such great swatches! I can't pick a favorite of this group. With every new picture, I changed my favorite. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are lovely! I'm thinking a green or red named "Curry" would have been nice, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bright green would have been a fabulous addition to this collection!

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...