Thursday, May 31, 2012

Butter London Trout Pout and Snog Lippy & Nail Polish Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Now, many of you know of my love of Butter London nail polishes.  I own many.  I'm actually wearing my favorite red, Knees Up, as I type this!  So I was very excited when I found out they were coming out with lip gloss to match a few of their polish shades because I love lip gloss as well!  Now, a bit of a disclaimer.  I'm not a make up blogger.  I have zero idea of how to take pictures of my lips.  So, this post might be a bit amusing to you and I tried to make it fun!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish (and lip gloss)!




above:  2 coats of Snog

Snog is one of those polishes that I originally wanted for the name because it makes me laugh.  The actual polish is gorgeous!  A stunning bright pink (without being neon) and just vibrant and really pretty.  The formula was great, opaque in two coats!  Now let's see the Lippy!





I'm still working on my modeling poses!  I really loved the Snog lipgloss.  The color pay off was awesome, it looks more like a lipstick than a lip gloss!  I love how vibrant it looked and it definitely works on my super pale skin!  The formula was really nice on this one, not too thick and gloopy like some lip glosses can get.  I highly recommend this one!




Above:  Trout Pout

Trout Pout was from the Spring/Summer 2012 Collection and is a gorgeous coral creme.  This is such a great shade for summer because it's light and bright but still subtle enough to be professional!  I've done a full review before so now let's see the Lippy!






So apparently I was feeling more serious when I swatched these!  The Trout Pout Lippy wasn't my favorite because the formula felt more thick and I thought it looked a little more gooey on the lips.  Now that could just be because it's not as vibrant of a shade but it definitely looks better in pictures than it did in person!  I think that someone with a darker skin tone might look better with this lip gloss.

All in all, I absolutely LOVED Snog and think it's definitely worth the $17 but Trout Pout wasn't the best for me.  I'm really into the idea of matching lip gloss and nail polish so I'm now making a request to Butter London to PLEASE make a Knees Up Lippy!  Lippy lip glosses are available on Butter London's Website.

What do you think of this collection?  Have you tried any Lippy's?  What nail polish would you love to see as a lip product?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.

29 comments:

  1. I could tell you that I would NOT like to see a Lippy in Wallis! Great swatches though - you may have a future in makeup blogging:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes Wallis is not a good Lippy color! And thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  2. I really like the look of the trout pout polish, it's just a shame that the lip gloss doesn't match the quality of the polish x :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might work on someone with a warmer skin tone than me but it just wasn't as nice as the polish on me!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the matching polish and gloss idea!! I was wondering about them and I think I may try them - though they don't make one for Slapper *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really pretty! You remind me of Alicia Keys a little bit! Lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like matching polishes! The second one is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're beautiful - and those colours look great on you! I want the Snog combo now, I love that matching polish + lips are coming back... only a matter of time until matching shoes + purses, too, right? haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That's so nice of you to say! And I really hope the matching shoes and purses doesn't come back haha!

      Delete
  7. I freaking LOVE Snog, the polish and the lippy. I think BL ought to do Pillar Box Red or Come to Bed Red in a lippy. There's a pinky brown that's just sceaming to have a lippy, but I can't recall the name... It has something to do with a naughty girl. Is there one called Tramp Stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found it, it's Dahling! Though Tramp Stamp would be pretty, too. Your pictures are adorable, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snog looks fantastic on you! Trout Pout leaves you more washed out looking, IMHO. Cute poses with Snog, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Trout Pout is just too light of a color for me but thanks for the compliments on my goofy poses!

      Delete
  10. I love how the snog polish and lippy match! I can rock those

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the polish Trout Pout but need Snog. I had heard the Lippies were sticky so I did not get any to try - now seeing Snog on you and the color it gives to the lips - ready to try for it if I can find it that is. I adore the things like Tart's Lipsurgances that are more of a color pay off like a lipstick that goes on like a gloss or balm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a tiny bit sticky but really not bad for a lip gloss!

      Delete
  12. both duos look pretty and suit you well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...