Friday, June 10, 2011

ManGlaze Fuggen Ugly and OPI Red Shatter

Ah yes, another shatter and another ManGlaze. What can I say? I was excited by both my ManGlaze and Shatter haul's last week!



Fuggen Ugly is a dark grey matte polish that is pretty much opaque after one coat (although I use two just to be sure)with a subtle shimmer to it. According to the ManGlaze website, this is the description:

Used and abused on the runways of Paris, our Original Grey Matte Nail Polish. Fuggen Ugly now starts off with a more matte finish. This doesn't really matter since you're sure to drool all over this "ugly" finish. We are starting off this run with a Limited Edition label by artist Jason Atomic.





I really cannot compliment this brand enough! Gorgeous matte colors, great formula, and the bottles are so awesome! Plus the names are hilarious and make me laugh. However, as usual, after approximately 18 hours on my nails, my N-ADD (Nail Attention Defecit Disorder) came into play as did my need for trying my new OPI Red Shatter:





I just wanted to try it on one nail since I wasn't sure how much the red would "pop" against Fuggen Ugly, but I have to say, I love it! It would be the perfect Fall manicure, or right now it's perfect for my cranky mood all week! I'm on Day 3 of the manicure now and there is very little tip wear and almost no chips! The Red Shatter works very well and I can't try it over a lighter color to really see how vibrant it is! I'll be sure to swatch a ton this weekend! Lastly, here are a few pictures of the bottles together, one of each side of Fuggen Ugly:





ManGlaze Fuggen Ugly runs for $6.66 at their website and OPI Red Shatter runs from $10 to $12 depending on the seller, and can also be part of a Serena Glam Slam collection.

Are you all crackled out? Is this manicure too dark for spring? What colors are you rocking on your finger tips today?

9 comments:

  1. isn't man glaze epic?! la la love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kelligonzo - I am so in love with it! I can't believe this brand wasn't in my life until last weekend! I've gotten so many compliments on it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh i lave it! you and your shatters
    keep them coming :D i'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Belle - I know! I'm obsessed! They are just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I REALLY need to get me some of these! I like them matte, but MAN look at that shimmer under the crackle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I like matte grey nail polishes! It seems to lie between a matte and Suede texture. At least, that's a really beautiful color! I gotta buy one of these!

    And red shatter goes well on top of this!

    Today, I'm wearing Essie Chinchilly with OPI I juggle...Men on top and I love it! I'll do a post about it soon! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that with the Red Shatter! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want me some man glaze! Never heard of that brand before. It looks like it goes on so smooth...me like!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @thenailaholic - the shimmer in the ManGlaze mattes are gorgeous!

    @Nailderella - They are just the best polishes and easy to remove too!

    @Olivia C - thanks! I liked the red shatter with it, kind of dark but toally works!

    @Bari - thanks! Such a great brand!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...