Friday, February 3, 2012

Fun Friday Part 2 Featuring Essie First Dance and Nubar Black Polka Dots and White Polka Dots!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  One more quick post today for Wear Red For Women Day and this is what I actually have on my nails today.  Thanks to my awesome friend Wendy, I now own my first Nubars!  I was super excited to try them out so I tried not one, but two!  And now, without further ado, on to the polish!




 Above:  2 coats of Essie First Dance, 1 coat of Nubar Black Polka Dots, 1 coat of Nubar White Polka Dots

So I started off with two coats of my favorite red creme, Essie First Dance.  Then I tried one coat of Nubar black polka dots which is a clear base packed full of small and slightly larger black polka dots.  Once that dried, I added a coat of Nubar white polka dots, which is the white version of black polka dots.  I love it!  I think it looks super cute!

So there you have it, one last red manicure for a good cause!  Be sure to check back this weekend for my Super Bowl manicure!

What do you think of this manicure?  Are you a fan of the black and white polka dots?

18 comments:

  1. I love the combination!
    http://fairy-anna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of "polka dots" polish, these are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, of course, think this manicure is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, of course, are right! :) Thanks again for the awesome polishes, I'm obsessed!

      Delete
  4. Love this combo! I really want to try the Nubar polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should try them! They look great either as one layering top coat or both together!

      Delete
  5. This is a lovely combo! Do you have any problems picking up the polka dots glitter? Coz I found it quite difficult to pick them up..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ladyboss! I found I had to close the bottle and shake it a bit after about 3 nails to get the glitter out easier, and I also found that swirling the brush in the bottle helped a lot. It was a bit thick and after 2 coats of the glitter, it took awhile to dry but I loved how it looked!

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...