Friday, February 10, 2012

NYFW: China Glaze at Tadashi Shoji

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers! As some of you may have noticed, I didn't post yesterday. No, it's not because I don't love you all (because obviously I do!) but it's because I got to attend New York Fashion Week yesterday! One of my favorite nail polish companies, China Glaze, asked if I'd like to attend some of the shows that they were doing manicures for and clearly the answer was a yes! Now this was my first time at a NYFW show and going backstage and all that fun stuff, so please forgive if my pictures aren't perfect, I was so excited that it was hard to make sure everything was working! So now, without further ado, on to the pictures!
 Above:  Me in front of Lincoln Center
 Above:  The Plaza at Lincoln Center
Above:  Backstage entrance
 Above:  My backstage pass!  I loved it until they took it away when it was time for the show!

Above:  LOTS of MAC makeup!
 Above:  A model getting her China Glaze manicure!
 Above:  Manicures from all sides!
 Above:  A finished manicure using China Glaze Heart of Africa
 Above:  Can't forget the top coat!
 Above:  Getting the full manicure
Above:  China Glaze Heart of Africa

So the color of choice was China Glaze Heart of Africa which will be part of the upcoming Safari Collection later this year!  Let me just say, this is stunning in person!  I seriously wanted to steal it but there were too many eyes around :)  I'm just a sucker for shimmery reds!  However apparently, the designer thought that the polish was too shimmery!  Unfortunately that's about the time I had to leave the backstage area to go around for the show so I'm not sure exactly which creme polish they put over Heart of Africa to make it less shimmery but as soon as I find out, I will let you all know!

 Above:  My ticket!  I think I want to be known as carly Carly from now on :)
Above:  Mercedes Benz Fashion Week is very high tech
 Above:  The stage area from the top of the theater
Above:  The program for the show!  I love the bow on the top!


Above 3 Pictures - Finale of the show

I ended up getting to sit in the third row of the show since it wasn't full before it started!  So fun!  The clothes were gorgeous, very 1930's and of course the red nails looks fabulous!  I had an absolute blast and can't wait to go to another show tomorrow morning!  It was such a cool and interesting experience and thanks so much to China Glaze and Tadashi Shoji for letting me come! 

Have you been to any NYFW events?  Have you been following all the twitter feeds?

20 comments:

  1. That's exciting that you go to this show! It looks like it was a cool experience. I heard about the China Glaze Safari collection a while ago and it doesn't seem like anyone knew for sure if it was legit, but obviously now it is! Thanks for snapping a picture of the color and sharing it on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's definitely happening! I got to see a second color from the collection as well that I will blog about later today! Can't wait for Fall now!

      Delete
  2. How exciting! Glad you had fun Carly Carly ;) Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails look too die for here! I am glad you had a good time, every looks so fancy and NYFW-ish (imagine that! lol).

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Thanks for taking us along in photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a blast...Love your Mani...what are you wearing??

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhhhh... that is all I have to say 8) you got to live most NY (and elsewhere) women's dreams and go to NYFW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I get invited in the Fall, I'll try to get a plus 1 for you!!! :)

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh Carly, your mani for this is awesomeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yay thanks for sharing these pics! Next time I will have to take off from work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we should try to go to one together in September! :)

      Delete
  9. WOw this is so awesome!Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...