Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lacquistry Menorah Lights Swatch and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  As promised, here is post number 2 of today!  I have to give a shoutout in this post to my awesome polish friend Wendy!  She and I, along with another friend in Brazil, decided to have a little Valentine's Day Swap!  You've seen some of the awesome polishes Wendy sent me in the NuBar Polka Dots post and now here is another of the gorgeous polishes she sent me!  So once again, thanks!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!

 Above:  2 coats of Menorah Lights with Flash
 Above:  2 coats of Menorah Lights with no flash
Above:  macro shot of Menorah Lights

It's so gorgeous!  A sheer blue-ish grey base that's packed full of different shades of blue, silver and holographic glitter!  I love the larger hexagonal pieces!  And I love that this is opaque in two coats!  I think the next time I try it, I will layer it over a blue or a grey to really make that glitter pop!  I did find that the polish was a bit thick to work with, and definitely had to wait a bit between coats, but nothing a little nail polish thinner and patience can't fix!  And for a shade this gorgeous, it's totally worth it!

All in all, I LOVED this polish!  I'm hoping a bit of thinner will make it easier to use but the end result is just so pretty!  Lacquistry is sold through Etsy and she has some amazing colors!

What do you think of this shade?  Do you have any Lacquistry polishes?

11 comments:

  1. Such glitter goodness!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so should have kept this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. obsessed. glitter always adds a touch of perfection. amazing post, love. if you get a sec I have a fabulous giveaway valued at $634.50 that I'd love for you to enter. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a pretty one. So many 'home' great brands out now...how to even keep tract? No way to buy them all or love them all even from a-far.Thank goodness for blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So many people are making such great polishes now! It's great to see the creativity that's coming out of the nail polish world lately!

      Delete
  5. I ♥ Lacquistry! She makes beautiful polishes and all are reasonably priced and her service is very personal. She includes a handwritten thank you note with every purchase. I have several beautiful Lacquistry colors and look forward to buying more when she stocks up her Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will be buying more too! This was my first Lacquistry I ever tried and I love it! I can't wait to see some of her other polishes!

      Delete
  6. I have about 15 Lacquistry polishes and I love them all! Oddly, I don't have this one and it looks like I might need to order it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are some of your favorite other ones? I want to see them all now!

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...