Monday, February 6, 2012

New York Giants Super Bowl Water Marble!

Good morning lacquered lovers!  As many of you know, I'm a New Yorker.  I was born here, I've lived here most of my life, and I just love it.  However I'm not really a big football fan, but when the New York Giants made it to the Super Bowl, I knew I had to do something really fun on my nails.  You might remember last week that I did a water marble with the new China Glaze Electropop collection, and decided I wanted to give it a show with the Giants colors of red, white and blue!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!


Above:  From left to right - China Glaze White Out, OPI Dating a Royal, Essie First Dance, OPI Kyoto Pearl

So for this water marble, I started out with two coats of China Glaze White Out on my nails.  Then I alternated between Dating a Royal, First Dance and Kyoto Pearl for the marble.  I discovered early on that the red would bleed into the white and make it pink (as you can see on a few pictures) so I tried to keep them as separated as possible.  I was also fooling around with different types of designs to see what I liked best!





As you can see, cleanup was a bit difficult (what can I say?  Reds and blues stain!) but not terrible!  It's funny, with this marble I found that on each nail, I either loved it or hated it, there was no medium!  Overall I was happy with it even if it does look like a mish mash of different designs because I got to play around with how to make it all look different!  Here are some close ups, even though you can see all the imperfections!





Above:  macro shots of left hand





Above:  macro shots of right hand

So there you have it, a Giants water marble!  I was pretty pleased with how this came out (minus the minor mishaps) and I'm hoping as I keep practicing I will keep getting better!  Hope you enjoyed this and enjoyed the Giants win last night!

What do you think of this Water Marble?  What did you do on your nails for the Super Bowl?

18 comments:

  1. I did a white base with red and blue tips, and on each thumb nail I wrote XLVI there's a pic of the mani on my facebook page!

    I LOVE your water marbling I want to try so badly, but it just looks like something I'd mess up lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds cute!

      And thank you! Honestly, it's not as hard as it looks, it just take a bit of practice and patience!

      Delete
  2. Nice, although I'll trick my mind into making it Patriot nails. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super chulo!!
    Me encanta este tipo de manicura..
    Muaks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing marble! I still have not mastered water marbling yet.

    I tagged you for the One Lovely Blog Award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...