Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pretty and Polished Power House, Sphere and Jealous Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  Today I have a treat for you from a very talented lady!  The lovely Chelsea from Pretty & Polished is a master frankener and was kind enough to send me three bottles of her polishes to review!  She has an shop set up in Etsy which can be found HERE of all of her creations!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!



Above:  1 coat of Power House over  2 coats China Glaze Sweet Hook

First up is the amazing Power House!  Power House is a light purple jelly base that's packed with multi colored and multi sized glitter!  I see silver, blue, pink, purple and green and all different sizes of each!  I love it!  Look at how awesome that macro shot looks!  Now since it's in a jelly base it is very sheer so I'd recommend wearing an "underwear" color, hence putting this over Sweet Hook, but I love how it looks over a light purple!  I can't wait to try it over different colors!



Above:  2 coats of Sphere

Sphere is a gorgeous green/teal!  This color was described on the website as being teal with slight color shifts however the shift on my bottle was very subtle, more of a coppery shimmer and blue shimmer than a full shift but it's gorgeous!  Look at all those gorgeous colors in the macro shot!  I love how green it is and the shimmer gives it a lot of dimension which I think is great!  Plus it was fully opaque in two coats, great formula and tons of pigment!


Above:  From top to bottom:  Finger Paints Black Expressionism, Butter London Slapper, Gareth Pugh for MAC Hyper and Mattese Elite Fantasias






Above:  1 coat of Jealous over each color listed above

I saved my favorite for last!  Jealous is AMAZING!  A color changing topcoat!  Do you see how different each shade looks with just one coat of Jealous?  Greens, golds and coppers!  I love it!  It's like making any polish a whole new polish!  A quick note about this polish that if you'd like to buy it, it only comes in the mini size, but considering you need so little to make a huge impact, a mini is more than enough!

So there you have it, 3 awesome frankens!  I've been informed that if you are buying the full sized bottles of any of these that the producer had to switch from square to round bottles, but we all know that it's what is inside of those bottles that counts!  Also, the very lovely Chelsea has a special code for all of you lacquered lovers!  Use the code LACLOVE5 to get 5% off your order in her shop!  She has a bunch of different colors, glitters, holos, basically whatever you like so make sure you check her out!

What do you guys think of these polishes?  Do you own any Pretty and Polished yet?  Planning on buying any?

3 comments:

  1. I just got two polishes from her. Martian Salad and Cryptid. They are gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW!!! these are super pretty!!! Chelsea is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...