Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Color Club Blossoming Collection Spring 2012 Swatches and Review!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I have a treat for you this afternoon!  I was lucky enough to receive the new Blossoming Collection from Color Club which consists of 5 pastels for spring and an awesome new glitter top coat! 



This collection was recently released and has some really gorgeous shades in it.  There are a lot of pictures ahead so I will let them do the talking!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!





Above:  3 coats of Blue-Ming

Am I the only one that thinks this name is misleading?  Blue-Ming is a very pretty minty green/turquoise creme that's a great color for Spring because it's not yellow based at all and looks good on all skin tones!  Plus it makes your hands look tan!  Blue-Ming definitely errs on the side of green but I really like it!  This polish, like all in the collection, has a bit of a thin formula but three coats builds it up perfectly!





Above:  3 coats of Blushing Rose

Blushing Rose is a typical light pink creme polish.  This was my least favorite in the group because I'm just not a light pink person but if you are, this is a good one!  It's not super chalky like a lot of them can be, just a pretty pale pink that's opaque in 3 coats.




Above:  3 coats of Hydrangea Kiss

Hydrangea Kiss is one of my favorites of this collection!  Would it be strange if I called it a dark dusty periwinkle?  It has that dusty quality we've been seeing a lot of this spring and it's just a gorgeous medium blue!  This is the only one from this collection that I could have gotten away with only 2 coats but I added a third for good measure.  I actually really like the shade and think it's perfect for Spring!




Above:  3 coats of Lavendarling

First of all, I love this name!  Second of all, I love this color!  Lavendarling is a medium dusty purple (in the same vein of Hydrangea Kiss) creme that's just beautiful on!  I like that this isn't a pastel and really could be worn year round because it's a bit darker.  Three coats made this perfectly opaque and really pretty on!




Above:  3 coats of SweetPea

SweetPea is a pretty darker pink that has the same dusty quality as the previous two polishes.  I'm sorry I don't have a better pink descriptor for you guys but my pink vocabulary is lacking!  If you are a pink person, this would be nice to add to your collection!  Like the others, opaque in 3 coats and tons of pigment!



 Above:  1 coat of Diamond Drops over SweetPea
Above:  1 coat of Diamond Drops over Hydrangea Kiss

Last but certainly not least is Diamond Drops, a holographic glitter top coat!  The pieces of glitter are irregular and look like shards and I love the way it looks!  The formula was a bit thick and hard to work with, but if you glob it on the nail and then push it into place with the brush it's not too difficult and the end result is pretty awesome!

All in all, I liked this collection!  I liked the combination of pastels and darker, dustier shades and Diamond Drops is certainly unique!  The Blossoming Collection is now available wherever Color Club is sold!

What do you think of this collection?  Any dupes?

The products in this post were sent to me for my unbiased review.  Please see my disclosure policy for additional information.

11 comments:

  1. i don't know about the colors but Diamond Drops looks like a dupe for Lacquistry's Shredded Silver Holo (handmade!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lavendarling and I think the Diamond Drops are awesome! Thanks for swatching these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im excited to try this collection out - i think ive got closed dupes to most of these shades but i love color club and am definitely excited to try out the diamond drops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the colors are pretty, but honestly I hate that glitter!! lol it looks like a broken mirror and I don't feel like it goes with the collection at all :-/ am I the only one? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Lavendarling and Hydrangea Kiss. And of course Diamond Drops looks amazing. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to find this collection but if I come across it at Ross I'll for sure pick it up. Your pics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Lavendarling and Hydrangea Kiss. And of course Diamond Drops looks amazing. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to find this collection but if I come across it at Ross I'll for sure pick it up. Your pics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want them all! :o) So purty! <333

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're all gorgeous!!!! Thanks for the swatches & review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Hydrangea Kiss! I think it's the best of the collection by far. I think I need to see Diamond Drops in person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the blues or you know, the blue & the green! But the only problem is that I don't know where to buy it other than online & I really don't like to buy online. I went to Sally's but they said they have no idea when or if they're even gonna get the collection. And amazon doesn't has it either! Any suggestions? Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...