Monday, February 13, 2012

China Glaze Water Marble for NYFW!

Good afternoon my fellow lacquered lovers!  I'm sorry my posts have been short recently but lots going on here in Lacquered Lover world!  News to come first!  However since many of you commented on it, I wanted to show you my manicure for the few NYFW shows I went to in the last few days!  Please excuse the tip wear as I didn't take pictures until 2 days into the manicure, but it still looks pretty cute!  Now, without further ado, on to the polish!







To do this water marble, I used China Glaze Blue Years Eve, White Out (as the base), Pelican Grey and Liquid Leather.  I kind of love how it looks!  Blue Years Eve is much darker when used on its own but I love how it looks here!  Here are a few macro shots of my favorite nails!









So there you have it!  A blue, grey and black water marble for Fashion Week!  My nails were a big hit, people seemed to love the design and be shocked that I did it myself!  It's definitely messy but I'm getting better at them and they just look so fun! I swear, if I can do it, anyone can!

Have you tried a water marble yet?  What's your favorite color combination?

14 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic water marble, your color choices were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combo and great job on the water marble too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I have yet to try a water marble; I'll get there someday though. Your choice of colors was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put off trying it too because I was afraid but once I got the hang of it, it's not too hard! Just time consuming haha.

      Delete
  4. Love it! I have yet to try a water marble; I'll get there someday though. Your choice of colors was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I have yet to try a water marble; I'll get there someday though. Your choice of colors was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is the prettiest water marble I have seen yet! I love the dark colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's so sweet! I love the darker colors too!

      Delete
  7. Carly, this is stunning! And you and your BF look great with matching manis! http://bit.ly/xHuKb8

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors you used! The result looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore this !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...