Friday, May 20, 2011

Blue Ombre Manicure

Unfortunately, I messed up a bit with this manicure, as the colors on my pointer and middle fingers were too similar! I tried to change it up a bit with some glitter, but it wasn't quite the perfect blue cream ombre manicure I had hoped for. Here are the colors I used:




Here is how the manicure turned out in the end:




From Thumb to pinkie: Zoya Breezi, China Glaze Towel Boy Toy, Zoya Robyn with one coat of Katy Perry OPI Last Friday Night over it, China Glaze Bahamian Blues and Essie Borrowed and Blue. Unfortunately I didn't realize how close in color China Glaze Towel Boy Toy and Zoya Robyn are, the only real difference is that Towel Boy Toy is slightly more neon and has a bit of shimmer where Robyn is a true cream. The addition of Last Friday Night did add a bit of blue and silver sparkle to Zoya Robyn in a somewhat failed attempt to lighten it up, but luckily I change my polish often enough that it was only there for a day! I will say that this was my first time using Essie Borrowed and Blue and I absolutely adored the formula, it was opaque in two coats, and was a gorgeous light blue without being chalky like many light colors can come off.

Feel free to post comments!

2 comments:

  1. I like how you layered the OPI over the manicure, really fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jackie! I thought it added a bit of sparkle to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting Lacquered Lovers! I love hearing from my readers! If you'd like me to check out your blog, feel free to email me! Any comments with links to posts will be deleted but I'm happy to answer any emails!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...